This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Covid-19 test required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Mandatory quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– Cook Islanders;
– passengers with a residence permit;
– passengers with an entry permit issued by the Cook Isl.
2. Passengers must have an approval issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration of Cook Isl.; and
– must have a medical clearance from the Ministry of Health of Cook Isl. with a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) test result issued at most 96 hours before departure from Auckland; and
– must have stayed in New Zealand for 14 consecutive days.
Detailed Tourist Information
All persons are denied entry into the Cook Islands unless there is an exemption provided (in writing) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration.
Effective from 11.59pm Monday 18th January 2021 (CKT), the following persons are exempted for entry into the Cook Islands, provided they additionally meet the entry criteria specified below;
Cook Islanders (as verified via Cook Islands Status stamp)
Permanent Residents of the Cook Islands
Cook Islands work permit holders
Cook Islands resident permit holders
1. Must have spent the last 14 days in New Zealand and/or the Cook Islands, prior to entry into the Cook Islands
Clinical/medical criteria to be administered by Te Marae Ora Ministry of Health prior to departure from Auckland, New Zealand;
1. Requires approval from the Secretary of Te Marae Ora
2. Provides a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours prior to departure from Auckland, NewZealand
Pilots and crew aboard commercial Air New Zealand flights may also be exempted from the above restrictions under entry criteria, terms and conditions determined by Te Marae Ora Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration.
All requests for entry into the Cook Islands must be sought from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration (Te Kauono Tutara e te Mana Tiaki) on email: [email protected] or phone: +682 29347.
Please see your usual GP for a health check if you feel unwell, and ensure you have adequate medicine supplies. If you do not have an Auckland based GP, please contact Te Marae Ora on email: [email protected]
People is advice to keep up physical distancing of 2 meters, good hygiene measure and wearing a mask.
Restaurants, Cafes and Eateries. Dining out is permitted, however, please make a reservation to avoid unnecessary crowding.
Bars and Nightclubs, Attractions, Sites, Shops and Offices are open. Avoid direct contact with those outside your bubble and unnecessary touching of surfaces.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co