This page was last updated on 16 September, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Covid-19 test required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Mandatory quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Until 28 September 2021, flights from New Zealand are suspended.
– This does not apply to repatriation flights.
2. Until 28 September 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.
3. From 29 September 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– Cook Islanders;
– passengers with a permanent residence permit;
– passengers with an entry permit issued by the Cook Isl;
– passengers who have been in Cook Isl. or New Zealand for 14 consecutive days before traveling to Cook Isl.
4. Passengers must complete the “Online Contact Information” form at least 24 hours before departure. The form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/yhary2fb
Detailed Tourist Information
NEW ZEALAND AND COOK ISLANDS TRAVEL BUBBLE
The Cook Islands Government has indicated that re-opening the border with New Zealand, for quarantine-free travel, will not happen until they are fully confident that there is no community transmission of COVID-19 in New Zealand. This will likely occur when New Zealand is at Alert Level 1. All future visitors to the Cook Islands, aged 12 years and above, will need to be fully vaccinated (except those with a medical certificate).
For more information read the Prime Minister’s announcement here https://bit.ly/3EmKJBO.
The Cook Islands current Section 9A Notice for Refusal of Entry under the Entry, Residence and Departure Act 1971-72, signed into effect from 12 May 2020 and still active, is as follows;
All persons are denied entry into the Cook Islands unless there is an exemption provided (in writing) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration.
Effective from 11:59pm Monday 13th August 2021 (Cook Islands Time), there will be no exemptions provided for entry into the Cook Islands for a period of 15 days to 11:59pm Tuesday 28th September 2021 (Cook Islands Time).
All requests for entry into the Cook Islands must be sought from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration (Te Kauono Tutara e te Mana Tiaki) on email: [email protected]
For Travel Advisory issued 13 September 2021 click here https://bit.ly/3lxDIWf.
The Cook Islands COVID-19 Alert Level 2 EXTENDED until 11:59pm, Monday 13 Sept, 2021.
Gatherings of over 100 people permitted from 11.59pm, 30 August 2021.
It remains compulsory for all gatherings of 25 people and more to be registered with TMO. With compulsory contact tracing of all attendees the responsibility of the organizer.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co