This page was last updated on 21 July, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Banned
Testing: Test not required
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 21 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Events: Partially Allowed
Restaurants and Bars: Closed
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 6 years;
– passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
2. Passengers are subject to a COVID-19 rapid antigen test upon arrival at their own expense.
3. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for 7 days at their own expense.
Detailed Tourist Information
A very limited number of international commercial flights have resumed service to and from Eritrea.
All incoming passengers arriving at Asmara International Airport (ASM) must provide a negative result from a PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival. Incoming travelers are also subject to a rapid COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival in Eritrea.
Additionally, all arriving passengers with permanent residence in Asmara are required to self-quarantine for seven days in their homes after entering the country. All other passengers must stay in government-designated facilities for the same period at their own expense.
Most shops and business have re-opened following the easing of lockdown. Cinemas and night-clubs remain closed.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co