This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Banned
Testing: Required to present a negative COVID-19 test
Quarantine Required: No
Quarantine Details: Quarantine not required
Lockdown in Effect: No
Restaurants and Bars: Fully Open
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to passengers with a completed Travel Certificate obtained at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Deplacements-entre-la-metropole-et-les-territoires-d-Outre-Mer.
2. Passengers must complete an “ETIS Application” at https://www.etis.pf/en/ . A QR code must be presented upon arrival.
3. Passengers and airline crew must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) RT-PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 3 days before departure from the first embarkation point. Passengers and airline crew without a negative RT-PCR test result must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) antigen test result issued on the same day of departure from the first embarkation point and a certificate of completion of the RT-PCR test.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 11 years;
– local airline crew who have been out of French Polynesia less than 7 days.
4. Passengers and airline crew are subject to a RT-PCR test upon arrival.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 11 years.
Detailed Tourist Information
As of Wednesday, February 3rd, travel will be authorized only for travelers who can justify one of the compelling reasons (health, professional, family, return home) as described on the website of the High Commission. This measure is planned for an initial period of two months (March 31, 2021).
Travelers currently in French Polynesia whose return is scheduled during this week can end their stay normally; beyond that, it is advisable to contact your airline to check your flight schedule.
All travelers aged 11 and over who travel to French Polynesia by air are subject to the following mandatory conditions:
Prior to boarding:
-Proof of a negative RT-PCR test (any RT-PCR test listed on this FDA site is allowed) carried out within three days prior to their international air departure. If the result is not obtained in due time, a certificate of completion of the RT-PCR test must be presented to the airline company, together with a negative result to an antigen test performed on the day of boarding. Any antigen test listed on this FDA site is acceptable for the same-day test in the event the RT-PCR test result was not received. Self-tests are not accepted.
Present the receipt of the health registration from the Etis.pf platform (Electronic Travel Information System).
-Present the certificate of derogatory travel HERE and the declaration on honour HERE completed and signed.
During the stay:
-Travelers must complete a self-test 4 days after arrival in French Polynesia. The self–test will be provided upon arrival in French Polynesia. The self–test will be provided upon arrival in French Polynesia. This self-test will no longer need to be carried out as soon as the 14-day quarantine will be enforced;
-A 14-day quarantine in dedicated isolation centers will be enforced soon, at passengers’ own expense (more information to follow).
Lockdown measures have been lifted, although a ban on the sale of alcohol from Friday to Sunday remains in force.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co