This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Self-quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in Brazil, South Africa or United Kingdom are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Guatemala. They could be subject to quarantine for 10 days.
2. Passengers without a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken at most 3 days before departure from the first embarkation point are subject to a test upon arrival at their own expense.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 10 years;
– passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at least 10 days after the positive test result. The passenger must have tested positive at most 3 months before arrival;
– passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate if the last vaccine dose was received at least 2 weeks before departure.
3. Airline crew could be subject to quarantine for 10 days.
Detailed Tourist Information
Travelers to Guatemala can enter with one of the following: a COVID–19 vaccine certificate proving the vaccine was administered at least two weeks prior to arrival; a negative COVID–19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival; or proof of having tested positive for COVID–19 and recovered within three months of arrival.
Shopping centres can open up to 9:00 p.m., but people who are inside these establishments will be able to stay in them until they are ready to leave.
Supermarkets and food shops can serve until 9:00 p.m., but must limit their capacity to 50% of their normal capacity. Markets must close by 7:00 pm.
Restaurants, bars and nightlife venues will continue with the restrictions to close by 9 pm.
Concerts and mass events are at the discretion of the local authorities, but they must respect the time limit of 9:00 p.m. and respect the Covid-19 threat ratings.
Churches may have face-to-face activities until 9:00 p.m. respecting the coronavirus threat ratings.
The list of threat ratings for each department and municipality and the activities which are permitted at each threat level can be found on the Guatemalan government’s website.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co