This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test required
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Shopping: Essential only
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Flights from the United Kingdom are suspended.
2. Suspension of visa on arrival facilities for passengers traveling as tourists.
3. E-visas can be obtained before departure at http://e_visa.mfa.ir/en/ . Passengers must have an e-visa confirmation.
4. Passengers arriving from or who have been in the past 14 days in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, United Kingdom, Zambia or Zimbabwe are not allowed to enter.
5. Nationals of Iran who stayed abroad longer than 7 days and who do not have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test, written in English or approved by an Iranian consulate, are subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test and quarantine upon arrival.
6. Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test issued at most 96 hours before arrival. The certificate must be in English or approved by an Iranian consulate. Passengers with a medical certificate issued longer than 96 hours before arrival are subject to medical screening, Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test and quarantine upon arrival, at their own expense.
– This does not apply to passengers with a consular, diplomatic, official, service or special passports traveling on duty.
7. Passengers with a consular, diplomatic, official, service or special passport are subject to medical screening, Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test and quarantine upon arrival, at their own expense.
8. Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine.
9. Passengers could be subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test upon arrival at their own expense.
10. A completed Self-Declaration Form must be presented to the carrier before arrival. The form can be obtained at https://www.cao.ir/web/aeronautical-operations-monitoring/maunual
11. A completed “Passenger Commitment Letter” must be presented upon arrival. The form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/y39wc2oz .
Detailed Tourist Information
Entry is permitted for anyone holding an Iranian passport or a valid visa. Arrivals who are exempt from any entry bans must have a valid health certificate containing a negative COVID-19 molecular test result taken within 96 hours of entry, and no self-isolation or quarantine is required.
Non-nationals without a certificate will be denied entry. Nationals will be directed to quarantine locations for 14 days and will cover associated medical and accommodation costs.
On 21 December, the Iranian government suspended direct flights for two weeks to and from the UK following the emergence of a new strain of COVID-19.
It is now mandatory to wear face masks in enclosed public places. You may incur a fine if you do not comply.
Measures and restrictions are in place in Iran, including temporary closure of non-essential businesses and shrines, and cancellation of some public events. Each province is able to introduce restrictions to respond to localised peaks in infections. This may include lockdown and restriction of movement, and may be introduced with little warning.
Internal travel restrictions, including to important tourism and pilgrimage areas, may be imposed at short notice.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co