This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test required for all countries. It is also possible to be tested upon arrival, at the cost of $50 USD.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: If arriving with a positive result, you will be required to quarantine for 7 days and take another test. A second positive result will require additional 7 days of quarantine.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers who have been in the past 20 days in South Africa or United Kingdom are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Panama.
2. Nationals of Panama who have been in the past 20 days in South Africa or United Kingdom are subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) test upon arrival and quarantine.
3. Passengers without a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) RT – PCR or antigen test result issued at most 48 hours before arrival are subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) test upon arrival at their own expense. The certificate must be in Spanish or English.
– This does not apply to passengers with Laissez-Passer.
4. A completed “Declaracion Jurada de Salud” must be presented upon arrival. The form can be obtained at http://viajes.panamadigital.gob.pa/ .
5. Residency permits issued by Panama that expired after 13 March 2020 are accepted for entry until 30 June 2021.
6. Multiple non-residents visas (Visa de no Residente) issued by Panama that expired after 13 March 2020 are accepted for entry until 30 June 2021. If issued by a consulate of Panama, they must have an extension stamp.
Detailed Tourist Information
Since October 12th, Panama has reopened its borders to international travelers, keeping the safety and health of both tourists and locals our top priority.
Travelers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours prior to their arrival time in Panama.
If a test is not possible within that time frame, a COVID-19 rapid test will be mandated at the airport before customs and the traveler will have to cover the costs of said test. (USD$ 50).
As of December 21, Panama has temporarily suspended the entrance of people who have originated or transited from the UK or South Africa within the past 20 days.
Health insurance is not a requirement for entry but is highly recommended
We do not recommend the use or carrying of non-essential items onboard such as blankets or pillows in order to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
We encourage all travelers to check travel restrictions from your departure country and country of citizenship.
Prior to check-in, all incoming travelers will be required to complete an Electronic Affidavit (sworn statement) agreeing to:
Comply with all sanitary control measures outlined by the Ministry of Health of Panama.
Provide localization information for residence while in Panama.
Confirm that you are healthy (no symptoms of any respiratory illness) and that you have not been exposed to COVID-19 within the last fourteen (14) days.
On January 12, the Government of Panama announced a gradual reopening plan that is subject to change depending on health conditions. The following remain pending and do not have a foreseen date for reopening: schools, colleges, universities, indoor play areas for children, bars, clubs, conferences, concerts, fairs, carnival, parades, and processions. S
Data Source: covidcontrols.co