This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Allowed
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Health test is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers who in the past 2 weeks have been in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Paraguay.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 LAMP, NAAT or RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before boarding; or
– a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 24 hours before boarding.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 12 years;
– passengers with a positive COVID-19 test result issued at least 14 days and at most 90 days before arrival. Tests accepted are: antigen, LAMP, NAAT and RT-PCR;
– passengers who in the past 2 weeks have been in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
3. Passengers who in the past 2 weeks have been in Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe must have a negative COVID-19 LAMP, NAAT or RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before boarding.
4. Passengers must complete a “Traveler’s Health Information” form at most 24 hours before arrival at https://tinyurl.com/2er8ee42 . This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival.
5. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for 10 days.
Detailed Tourist Information
Non-resident foreign nationals are now permitted to enter Paraguay by air, so long as they follow health protocols.
Non-resident passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result (taken at most 72 hours before arrival at an authorized laboratory in the country of departure or of transit).
Paraguayan nationals without a negative COVID-19 result will be subject to quarantine for 14 days. Foreign travelers must have international medical insurance with coverage of coronavirus (COVID-19) treatment costs (this does not apply to travelers arriving from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Uruguay or Venezuela).
Everyone must fill out a Traveler’s Health information form online, at most 24 hours before departure.
-Businesses can operate in well-ventilated environments between the permitted hours, with use of facemasks, work in crews to limit contact and promoting the sale of products on a delivery and pickup basis
-Restaurants can operate within the permitted hours, promoting delivery and pickup services or on a reservation and client registration
-Essential businesses such as pharmacies, delivery services and call centres can operate on a 24 hour basis
-In-classroom lessons will be virtual or hybrid
-Higher education lessons will continue to be virtual
-Social events in public and private venues are allowed for a maximum duration of 4 hours, with up to 50 people in closed spaces with adequate ventilation and up to 100 people in outdoor spaces and a person responsible for the event, with prior individual registration, mandatory use of facemasks and observing a 2-metre social distancing. No bars or dance floors are allowed
-Social events in private homes can take place with up to 12 people
-Children’s events are permitted
-Physical activities, non-contact sports and group classes are allowed in academies, gyms and other sport related spaces, based on a reservation, registration of client details and observing a 4-metre social distancing.
Cultural and Religious activities:
-Cultural activities can take place with up 75 people in closed spaces and up to 150 people in outdoors or open spaces, observing a 2-metre social distancing, mandatory use of facemasks, previous registration and in compliance with sanitary measures
-Religious services with up to 75 people are permitted in closed spaces and up to 150 people in open spaces, observing a 2 metre social distancing, mandatory use of facemasks, with preassigned seating, previous registration and in compliance with sanitary measures
Data Source: covidcontrols.co