This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Partially Allowed
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Anyone entering Solomon Islands must complete a Traveller’s Public Health Declaration card.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: No
Restaurants and Bars: Fully Open
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers and airline crew are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals of Solomon Isl.;
– passengers with an approval from the Oversight Committee.
2. Passengers must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 4 weeks before arrival. The certificate must be sent to [email protected] before departure.
Vaccines accepted are AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covieshield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm and Sinovac.
3. Passengers must have:
– a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 11 days before departure; and/or
– a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival.
As the COVID-19 test result depends on the departure country, passengers must contact the Solomon Isl. Health Authorities before departure to obtain the testing schedule. All test results must be sent to [email protected] before departure.
4. Passengers must have a Prime Minister’s Office Approval. Details can be found at www.flysolomons.com/library/solomon-islands-travel-advisory-18-190421.pdf
– This does not apply to nationals of Solomon Isl.
5. Passengers must complete a âPre Departure Questionnaire” which can be found at www.flysolomons.com/library/content/Planpage/sig-pre-departure-questionnaire.pdf ; and
– an âInstructions on Conduct form” which can be found at: www.flysolomons.com/library/content/Planpage/sig-instructions-on-conduct-form.pdf
Both forms must be sent to [email protected] at least 5 days before departure.
6. Passengers are subject to quarantine for up to 21 days.
7. Passengers must present a completed Traveler’s Public Health Declaration Card and provide full details of their place of stay, travel itinerary and current personal contact details in Solomon Isl.
8. Passengers must provide details of their international travel history for the last 14 days prior to arrival in Solomon Isl.
Detailed Tourist Information
All non-Solomon Island citizens must receive prior authorisation from the Solomon Islands Prime Minister’s Office before being granted permission to enter the country.
The Solomon Islands designate other countries as being ‘Low Risk’, ‘ ‘High Risk’ or ‘Restricted” The UK is designated as Restricted.
Low Risk countries are currently Australia, New Zealand, China, Taiwan and Pacific Island nations (excluding Papua New Guinea and French Polynesia/Tahiti).
To enter Solomon Islands from Low Risk countries travellers must undertake two COVID-19 PCR tests prior to flight departure and both results must be negative.
-First Test – 14 days prior to departure – results to be sent with your Pre-Departure Form to [email protected]
-Second Test – no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure – results to be sent to [email protected]
Quarantine in Honiara will be 14 days.
Restricted countries are currently Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the USA.
All countries not listed as either Low Risk or Restricted are designated High Risk.
Passengers from Restricted countries will not be accepted for travel unless they are a Solomon Island citizen or can satisfactorily demonstrate that they have completed the prescribed course of a COVID vaccine at least 4 weeks prior to travel. (See ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 status’)
To enter Solomon Islands from High Risk countries (including Restricted countries for eligible fully vaccinated travellers) passengers must undertake three COVID-19 PCR prior to flight departure and negative test results are required:
-First Test – 18-21 days prior to departure – results to be sent to [email protected]
-Second Test – 8-11 days prior to departure – results to be sent with your Pre-Departure Form to [email protected]
-Third Test – no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure – results to be sent to [email protected]
Quarantine in Honiara will be 21 days.
Prospective travellers who are currently in a Restricted country also become eligible to enter Solomon Islands after spending at least the 14 days prior to travel in a Low/High risk country.
Non-Solomon Islanders must pay for quarantine and COVID-19 tests in one of the local hotels. Anyone testing positive will be moved to an isolation facility, their quarantine extended, and further COVID-19 tests will be taken.
Solomon Islands has not implemented widespread lockdown or social distancing measures.
Non-essential public gatherings including sporting events, fun-raising concerts, weddings are discouraged. This may extend to churches if the situation gets worse.
Restaurants and bars in Solomon Islands are open. Non-essential businesses and attractions in Solomon Islands are open.
Wearing face masks is not required in Solomon Islands.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co