This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Allowed
Vaccination Requirements: Fully vaccinated travelers coming from the United Kingdom, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United States can enter Uganda without testing on arrival.
Travellers from India are required to undergo COVID-19 PCR testing on arrival regardless of vaccination status.
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries. All travellers from the United Kingdom, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United States are required to undergo PCR testing at the border at their own expense, including at Entebbe International Airport. The cost of the PCR test will be up $65.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Travelers showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be tested upon arrival and required to quarantine until results are in.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Suspension of visa on arrival facilities for passengers with a normal passport.
2. Passengers must register online before boarding at https://arrivals.healthdesk.go.ug/home/. This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival.
3. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to passengers who are 3 years or younger.
4. Passengers and airline crew are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival at their own expense and to self-isolation until test results are ready.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 6 years;
– airline crew with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated.
5. Passengers and airline crew are subject to medical screening.
6. Airline crew must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point.
Detailed Tourist Information
Uganda’s air and land borders are open for international travel.
All arriving passengers are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued no more than 72 hours before boarding the aircraft to Uganda or crossing land borders. Foreign nationals without a valid negative test certificate will be denied entry. Children aged three and under are exempt when accompanying parents arrive with a negative test certificate.
From 27 October 2021 all travellers arriving at Entebbe International Airport will be subjected to a COVID PCR test on arrival. The only exemptions are children below 6 years old and airlines crew with evidence of full COVID-19 vaccinations. Travellers will be tested at the airport and charged USD 30 which is payable by card, cash, online or mobile money. Arriving tourists who test positive but are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms will be permitted to isolate in a designated hotel. Other travellers will be transferred to a public or private hospital, treatment in a public hospital will be free of charge, if travellers opt for a private hospital they will need to pay.
A nationwide curfew is enforced from 7:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Note that arriving and departing airline passengers will be exempt from curfew restrictions when their flights take place during curfew hours. However, drivers should have with them documentary evidence of their connection to passengers arriving at or departing from the airport in order to facilitate passage through police checkpoints enforcing the nationwide curfew.
Public transportation may operate at 50% capacity observing SOPs.
Private interdistrict transport is permitted with no more than three passengers in a vehicle.
Cargo trucks (with no more than two people) and registered tourist vehicles will be permitted to move between districts.
When in public, wearing of masks is required and individuals are expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co