This page was last updated on 21 July, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative COVID-19 test required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 7 days required for some countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals and residents of Uruguay;
– passengers with passports stating Uruguay as place of birth and their children.
2. Passengers are not allowed to transit.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay transiting through Montevideo (MVD) or Punta del Este (PDP).
3. Passengers can only land at Montevideo (MVD) and Punta del Este (PDP).
4. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 6 years;
– passengers with a letter issued by a consulate of Uruguay stating that the passenger is exempt from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test requirement before departure. The passenger is subject to a PCR test upon arrival.
5. Airline crew without a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure are subject to self-isolation.
6. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for up to 14 days; more details can be found at https://www.impo.com.uy/bases/decretos-originales/200-2021
7. Passengers and airline crew must have health insurance.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Uruguay.
8. Passengers and airline crew are subject to medical screening.
9. A completed “Declaracion de Salud” must be presented to upon arrival. The form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/4vkr57dp or at the “Coronavirus UY” app.
10. A completed “Formulario de Frontera” must be presented to upon arrival.
Detailed Tourist Information
Borders remain closed to foreign nationals, and there are only limited exceptions to the entry ban (https://turismo.gub.uy/index.php/requisitos-de-ingreso-y-tramites).
Eligible travelers must present a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before departure, and undergo 7 days of mandatory self-isolation at a declared address. A second swab on day 7 is required before completion of quarantine.
All non-resident foreign travelers must show proof of health insurance that covers suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
New measures have been announced which are effective from 2 to 18 December, and have been summarised below:
-Teleworking for public offices
-A ban on sports activities in gyms and enclosed areas
-Closing of bars and restaurants from midnight with financial penalties for failure to comply
-Strict compliance with current transport measures
-Strict control of parties authorised by current protocol
-Suspension of end-of-year parties in educational centres
-Voluntary homeworking is encouraged for private companies throughout the country
-Only small social gatherings, with social distancing measures, facemasks and good ventilation, lasting no more than 2 hours
-Avoid crowding in public spaces
-In case of suspected COVID contact, voluntary quarantine and contact your GP
Data Source: covidcontrols.co