This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated September 2023
In the present era of digital advancements, the Aadhaar card has emerged as a vital requirement for individuals residing in India. Introduced by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in 2009, the Aadhaar card is an exclusive identification number assigned to every Indian citizen or resident.
Read on to learn how you can update your Aadhar card data and address.
Table of Contents
Aadhar card update 2023
The Aadhaar card or Aadhar is a twelve-digit unique identification number that operates as proof of identity and proof of address for residents of India. Holding an Aadhar card is mandatory for every citizen of India, irrespective of their age.
Updating the Aadhaar card has become increasingly important so that the information linked to the unique identification number remains current and relevant. It allows individuals to correct any inaccuracies in their personal particulars, including their name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile number, email address, and address.
Aadhar card update online
You can update your address online in the UIDAI Portal. For other updates such as demographic details (name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email) or biometrics (finger prints, iris & photograph) in Aadhaar card, you will have to visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
To update your Aadhar card address online, follow the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI portal.
- click on ‘login’
- enter your Aadhar number and the Captcha accurately.
- click on ‘send OTP’ to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- enter the OTP accurately, and click on ‘login’
- click on ‘Update Address via Address Proof’
- fill in the information you wish to update, and upload valid supporting documents
- click on ‘Preview’ to view your updated address.
- if correct, click on the confirm checkbox and ‘submit’
- pay the online update fee of INR 50
Upon the completion of these steps, an ‘update request number’ will be generated, which you will also receive via SMS.
Updating other data
If you want to make changes to your Aadhar card, like updating your name, mobile number, or correcting your personal details, you can go to the nearest Aadhar Enrolment or Update center. This is also necessary when your child reaches the age of 5 or 15. They can help you update your demographic information (name, address, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email) and biometric data (fingerprints, iris, and photograph).
Please make sure to carry valid address proof documents for visiting the Aadhar Enrolment or Update center.
You can locate the nearest Enrolment centre through the UIDAI by using any one of the following modes:
- postal (Pin) code, or
- state, or
- the search box by entering your locality name, city, and district.
Aadhar card update status
You can check the update status of your Aadhar card online using the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website by providing your enrolment number.
Image © uidai.gov.in
To check the update status of your Aadhar card address online, follow the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI website at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- enter your EID (Enrolment ID) SRN or URN. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgment slip and will contain a fourteen-digit enrolment number and the fourteen-digit date and time of enrolment. Please note that these 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID)
- enter the Captcha accurately
- click on submit, and you will be able to check the update status of your Aadhaar
Please note that in case you have lost your EID, you can retrieve the lost or forgotten EID through your registered mobile number.
Visit our dedicated Aadhaar status check article for more details: