This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 13 July 2022
A country known for its wildlife, spectacular beaches, lip-smacking food, tropical climate, gorgeous landscapes, Sri Lanka is indeed the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean.’ A giant gathering of elephants in Minneriya National Park and the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya are among some of the most famous tourist attractions.
Here are the latest entry requirements you should be aware of while travelling from Pakistan to Sri Lanka.
Can I travel to Sri Lanka from Pakistan?
Yes, you can but only if you are vaccinated.
The National Command and Operation Centre of Pakistan had already announced that only fully vaccinated travellers of age 18 and above are allowed international travel on outbound flights to and from Pakistan. This implies that only fully vaccinated Pakistanis may travel to Sri Lanka right now.
Sri Lanka entry requirements
Sri Lankan nationals / dual citizens who are travelling on Sri Lankan passports / Sri Lanka emergency travel document holders are allowed entry into Sri Lanka.
Pakistani nationals are allowed entry if they have obtained an approved Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), landing endorsement or residence visa. The Department of Immigration & Emigration recommends having a copy of your ETA with you at all times to avoid delays on arrival.
Vaccinated and COVID recovered travellers
- Fully vaccinated travellers are not required to take any COVID‑19 tests before travelling to Sri Lanka.
- Travellers who have recovered from COVID‑19 between 7 days and 6 months before the date of departure, and who have been vaccinated at least with a single dose of a 2‑dose vaccine 14 days before travel are exempt from the pre‑departure COVID‑19 testing requirement. They must present a positive COVID‑19 PCR or rapid antigen test result in English as proof that they were previously infected.
- Children below 12 years old are exempt from the pre‑departure COVID‑19 testing requirement.
All other travellers of 12 years old and above who are not fully vaccinated must have a negative COVID 19 test certificate in English for a PCR test conducted within 72 hours of departure or a rapid antigen test conducted within 48 hours of departure. (Self‑tests will not be accepted).
To be considered fully vaccinated the traveller must have taken:
- 2 doses of the same vaccine, 2 doses of a recommended combination of vaccines, or the approved one‑dose vaccine (Janssen) received 14 days before travel
- Children below 18 years old who have received at least a single dose of a recognised vaccine 14 days before travel
Any type of vaccination that is approved by the country of origin, in this case Pakistan, is acceptable:
- Sputnik V
No restrictive quarantine measures are applicable on all arrivals from Pakistan to Sri Lanka.
Flights from Pakistan to Sri Lanka
Qatar Airways, Emirates and SriLankan Airlines are some of the flights operating from Pakistan to Sri Lanka.Book cheap flights to Sri Lanka from Pakistan