Updated 11 May 2022
The United Kingdom is a popular country that draws visitors looking to settle down in the country. The UK also issues several visas, and you can easily choose what’s right for you based on your circumstances. However, several visas mandate sponsorship for entry, which may not always be easy to acquire.
Looking for sponsor-free UK visas? We’ve got you covered. Keep reading to find out what types of UK visas are available without sponsors and how to get them.
UK visas without sponsors
Only work visas require sponsorships. Other visit visas, family visas and student visas do not require a sponsor. Almost every work visa, especially long-term ones, requires sponsorship for the application process. This refers to a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK.
However, for certain visas, this sponsorship is not required. Below are the visas which don’t require a UK sponsor:
Short-term work visas
- Youth Mobility Scheme visa
- Graduate visa
- UK Expansion Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
- Secondment Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
Investor, business development and talent visas
Other work visas
- UK Ancestry visa
- Get an exempt vignette
- Frontier Worker permit
- British National (Overseas) visa
- Overseas Domestic Worker visa
- Representative of an Overseas Business visa
- Turkish Businessperson visa
- Turkish Worker visa
How to apply for sponsor-free UK visa?
Just like every other visa application, you must apply online. How you apply depends on whether you’re:
- outside the UK and are coming to the UK
- inside the UK and extending your current visa
- inside the UK and switching from a different visa