This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated October 2023
Qatar’s thriving economy makes it an attractive Middle Eastern destination for many expatriate workers and foreign companies. In the process of moving to Qatar, document attestation is a crucial step that ensures the authenticity of your identity via the documents you provide. Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) is an executive government body dealing with the foreign affairs of Qatar and it is responsible for document attestation in Qatar.
Here’s everything you need to know about MOFA attestation services in Qatar.
Table of Contents
What is MOFA attestation?
Qatar MOFA certificate attestation is a mandatory legal procedure for individuals who plan on living and working in Qatar. Those looking to establish a professional career in Qatar and who want to obtain a residence visa must first get their certificates attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Qatar. Without getting your documents certified by the MOFA, acquiring a residence visa in Qatar is impossible.
Documents such as educational certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates and commercial documents should also first be verified by your State Home Department in your country of origin.
MOFA attestation required documents
You will need to submit certain documents as a prerequisite to get your documents attested with MOFA successfully. One such prerequisite is a Bonafide Certificate or letter of authentication issued by the concerned authority; for example, a Bonafide Certificate from the university or college from where you have obtained your educational degree.
The following documents are required for MOFA attestation in Qatar:
- Bonafide Certificate/letter of authentication
- Original certificate/document
- A photocopy of the passport
- A photocopy of your visa (if applicable)
You will also need to provide your details, email ID, and contact number. Please note that you must submit all your embassy-attested certificates for the Qatar MOFA attestation.
MOFA attestation procedure
To start the attestation process, first, submit a request to the Department of Consular Affairs at the Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to authenticate your documents. The MOFA attestation procedure will differ as per the type of document you wish to get attested. The general process for attestation is mentioned below:
- Notarizing your documents
- Attestation with State Home Department from the respective country.
- MEA attestation from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Embassy attestation from the country’s embassy.
- Embassy attestation or Qatar MOFA attestation
MOFA attestation price
- Certificate of Origin: 150 QAR
- Packing List (Manifest): 150 QAR
- Business Contracts: 150 QAR
- Commercial Power of Attorney: 150 QAR
- From 1 to 15,000 QAR: 500 QAR
- From 15,001 to 100,000 QAR: 1,000 QAR
- From 100,001 to 250,000 QAR: 2,500 QAR
- From 250,001 to 1,000,000 QAR: 5,000 QAR
- 1,000,001 QAR and more: Fees are collected at 0.6% of the invoice value in QAR.
- Public Agency: 100 QAR
- Private Agency: 100 QAR
- Guarantee Document: 100 QAR
- Property Sale Contract: 100 QAR
- Property Lease Contract: 100 QAR
- Mortgage Contract: 100 QAR
- Document of Deposit: 100 QAR
Personal Status Documents
- Birth Certificate: 100 QAR
- Adoption Certificate: 100 QAR
- Certification of Will: 100 QAR
- Certification of Endowment: 100 QAR
- Certification of Maturity: 100 QAR
- Inheritance Enumeration Certificate: 100 QAR
- Record of Will Reception and Unsealing: 100 QAR
- Marriage Contract: 100 QAR
- Certificate of Divorce: 100 QAR
- Approvals of Marriage Non-Objection: 100 QAR
- Marital Approvals: 100 QAR
- Authorizations: 100 QAR
- Litigation Papers: 100 QAR
- Arbitration Documents: 100 QAR
- Academic Certificates: 100 QAR
- Other Certificates: 100 QAR
- Medical Certificates: 100 QAR
- Medical Reports: 100 QAR
- Complete Attestation: 150 QAR
- Any deed, document, contract, or certificate not listed above, except for death certificates or joining Islam certificates (exempted): 100 QAR
MOFA attestation charges for each type of certificate and document are listed on the MOFA Consular Services website.
MOFA attestation locations and timings in Qatar
Following are the Department of Consular Affairs at MOFA, its branches, and their working hours:
- Legalization section in the administration building of the Department of Consular Affairs (timings – 7:00 am to 1:00 pm).
- Government-approved MOFA attestation services centres in Musaimeer, Umm Salal, Al Wakra and Alzubara (timings – morning shift from 7:30 am to 1:00 pm & evening shift from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm).
- Diplomatic and consular missions of the State under the Department of Consular Affairs.
MOFA attestation contact number
If you require further information on your MOFA attestation, you can contact MOFA on telephone (+974) 4011-11-11.