This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated May 2023
With its rich history, awe-inspiring architecture, and thriving business sector, Pakistan welcomes talented individuals from around the world who are ready to contribute their skills and expertise to its dynamic workforce. For those wishing to live and work in Pakistan, it is important to understand the process of obtaining a Pakistan work visa and residency permit.
We’ve compiled all of the necessary information for obtaining your Pakistan work visa below.
Pakistan work visa 2023
A Pakistan work visa is an official document that grants permission to foreigners to reside and work in Pakistan. It serves as a gateway for individuals from other countries who seek employment opportunities within Pakistan’s borders. This visa category is specifically designed for individuals who have received a valid job offer from a Pakistani employer and meet the necessary requirements outlined by the Pakistani government.Book cheap flights to Pakistan
Pakistan work visa 2023 application
Citizens of foreign countries who have a valid job offer and meet the requirements are eligible to apply for this visa.
To apply for a Pakistan work visa, please prepare the following documents:
- SECP registration letter of company
- recommendation letter By BOI (In case of Extension Mandatory)
- contact details of the Sponsor
- undertaking on company letterhead/In case of CPEC/Government approved project, letter from concerned department /ministry
- CV of applicant
- covering letter on the company’s letterhead
- company profile
- employment agreement
- FBR NTN certificate of the company
To apply for a Pakistan work visa, please visit the NADRA official site and follow these steps thoroughly.
- to begin, you need to create an account on the Pakistan online visa system
- start with the “Application Info” section
- indicate whether you are a first-time applicant or applying for an extension to an existing visa
- select the number of entries required for your visa
- describe the purpose of your visit. In this case, please specify that you are applying for a work visa
- choose the duration of the visa required
- proceed to make the payment for the visa fee using a credit card or debit card
- finally, submit your Pakistan work visa application
The processing time for a Pakistan work visa can vary depending on various factors, including the type of visa, the complexity of the application, the workload of the processing office, and any additional requirements or circumstances specific to your case.
According to the official website of the Government of Pakistan Ministry of Interior, the processing times for Pakistan work visas are outlined as follows.
- 48 hours (working days) for first-time entry.
- 24 hours (working days) for first-time entry for the Reko Diq Project.
- 4 weeks (working days) for visa extension.
- 4 weeks (working days) for first-time entry/visa extension for Afghanistan and Somalia passport holders.
Pakistan work visa 2023 price
The cost of obtaining a work visa for Pakistan is PKR 29,570 (USD 100). However, the fee may vary depending on the applicant’s country of origin and the type of visa they are applying for.
It’s important to note that the fee must be paid in the currency of the country where the application is made unless otherwise specified. Please check the fee structure at the NADRA official site to calculate your fee to obtain the Pakistan work visa.
Pakistan work visa 2023 validity
The validity of work visas issued by Pakistan is as follows:
- entry work visa can be granted for up to 3 Months (single entry).
- extension work visa can be granted for up to 2 Years (multiple entries).
- entry work visa for Reko Diq Project for up to 5 years (multiple entries).
- extension work visa for Reko Diq Project can be granted for up to 3 years (multiple entries).
- for Chinese passport holders, an entry work visa can be granted for up to 2 years (single/multiple entries).