Updated 8 August 2022
The Philippines provides multiple options when it comes to obtaining a visa. Travellers from India looking to travel to the Philippines for different purposes can now choose from the wide range of visas available visas and can apply for a visa, hassle-free.
Keep reading to know more about the available types of Filipino visas, ranging from tourist visas, business visas, transit work visas and student visas, and the prices of the visas in the Philippines.
Philippines visa for Indians general requirements
- Visa application form fully and legibly completed in English by the applicant
- One passport-size photograph taken no more than 6 months ago. Please note that scanned photos are NOT acceptable.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the contemplated stay in the Philippines.
- Photocopy of the data and amendment pages of the applicant’s passport.
- Bank statements for the last 6 months stamped and signed by the bank officer.
- Processing fee in demand draft drawn from any bank in India with a branch as per required by the applicant’s respective Embassy, payable to “Embassy of the Philippines”. Please note that cash payments are NOT accepted. You can visit the Schedule of Fees page for more payment details.
Please note that depending on the initial evaluation of the visa processors, other documents may be required. Therefore, applicants are advised to submit their documents at least two weeks before scheduled departure for the Philippines.
Make sure to consult with your nearest Philippines embassy regarding the specific additional documents required by the specific Embassy of the Philippines.
Available Philippine visas for Indians
The following is a list of visas available in the United Arab Emirates
The Philippines tourist visa
The Philippines Tourist Visa or the 9(A) Visa is a temporary visitor visa used for pleasure purposes. A tourist visa holder can travel to the Philippines for a legitimate, non-immigrant purposes such as sightseeing, sports, health, visiting family, training etc.
The visa issued does not guarantee that the holder will be automatically admitted into the country because the admission of foreign nationals into the Philippines is up to the immigration officers at the border. A traveller visa for the Philippines will be issued after the visa application has been adequately examined.
The Philippines tourist visa documents required
Following are some of the additional documents required to apply for the Philippines tourist visa from India:
- Letter from inviting party (if applicable) indicating the complete address and telephone number. If not staying with a Philippine resident, hotel booking is required.
- If employed, applicant’s Certificate of Current Employment from Employer to include employer’s full name, address and telephone number, applicant’s length of service and salary details
- If self-employed, photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return and copy of Personal Assessment Number (PAN) Card, Description of work.
- If a student, applicant’s Certificate of Enrollment
- If minor, under 15 years of age travelling alone or to be accompanied by a person other than a parent or not joining a parent in the Philippines: Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel. The affidavit must be executed by either or both parents indicating travelling companion of minor and address in the Philippines, duly notarized by a local Notary Public, attested by the MEA and consular officer of the Philippine Embassy. This affidavit must be presented before immigration officials at the port of entry in the Philippines upon the minor’s arrival in the Philippines.
- If a spouse of a Philippine Citizen, the Name of the Filipino spouse should be indicated in the visa applicant’s passport, and a Copy of the Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy or the Philippine National Statistics office should be presented.
- If an unmarried minor child of a Filipino parent, a Copy of the Birth Certificate and Copy of the Parent’s valid passport must be presented.
- For married applicants, an original marriage certificate duly authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs and one (1) photocopy must be presented.
- For minors, an original birth certificate duly authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs and one (1) photocopy must be presented.
The Philippines Business Visa or the 9(A) Visa is a Temporary Visitors Visa used for trade and business purposes. It is a long-term visa and can be applied for by applicants who want to stay for a period exceeding 6 months. Business Visa is available in two categories, including the Single Entry Visa valid for 3 months and the Multiple Entry Visa valid for six (6) months or one (1) year.
The Philippines business visa documents required
Following are some of the additional documents required to apply for the Philippines Business Visa from India:
- Letter of invitation from the reference person or company in the Philippines
- Official letter from company where employed mentioning applicant’s travel to the Philippines, expected duration of stay and number of entries applied for (single entry/ multiple entry valid for 6 months or 1 year).
Indian nationals travelling from one country to another via the Philippines can apply for the Philippines Transit Visa or the 9(B) Visa. The transit period is limited to 72 hours, and the only additional requirement for this type of visa is:
- Copy of e-ticket to show applicant’s flight details.
A Student Visa or 9(F) Visa is issued to foreign students 18 years old and above, taking a course higher than high school in the Philippines. A Special Study Permit (SSP) is issued to a foreign national below the age of 18 and/or taking non-degree courses in the Philippines. It is issued under the Temporary Visitor’s Visa of a foreign national.
The authority to issue Student Visa has to be received by the Philippine Embassy from the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs before a Student Visa can be issued.
Please note that a personal appearance may be required when applying for a Student Visa.
The Philippines student visa documents required
Following are some of the additional documents required to apply for the Philippines Student Visa from India:
- Original notice of acceptance issued by the school to the student with a clear impression of the school’s dry seal
- Authenticated Regional Passport Police Clearance
- Demand draft for as Payment for Authentication of Police Clearance
- Medical Health Certificate issued by an authorized physician, including chest x-ray
- If enrolled in Medicine or Dentistry, Original Certificate of Eligibility for Admission issued by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education to the student.
Philippines visa for Indians fees
According to the Embassy of the Philippines in New Delhi, India, the visa fees in the Philippines for Indian applicants are as follows:
- 9A Single Entry Valid for 3 months – 2,149.88 PHP (Rs.3,160)
- 9A Multiple Entry Valid for 6 months – 4,299.77 PHP (Rs.6,320)
- 9A Multiple Entry Valid for 1 year – 6,448.95 PHP (Rs.9,480)
- 9B Transit Visa – 2,149.65 PHP (Rs.3,160)
- 9F Student Visa – 13435.31 PHP (Rs.19,750)