Updated January 2024
Travelers from all around the world are now welcome in Qatar. If Qatar is on your itinerary for a transit, here is everything you need to know about the Qatar transit visa, requirements, cost, status check, and more.
Please note: Effective 30 January 2023, Qatar’s Ministry of Interior has extended the Hayya card‘s validity. Under specified conditions, its holders are permitted to enter the country until January 2024.
Table of Contents
Do I need a visa to transit to Qatar?
You need a transit visa if your stopover in Qatar is over 5 hours and you wish to explore the city during the transit. If you are not planning to exit the airport during your transit duration, you are not required to obtain a transit visa.
Effective December 23, the Visa on Arrival is reinstated to replace the Hayya card requirements. Visa on Arrival is available to travelers from more than 95 countries, who may also take advantage of the flurry of brand-new activities that have opened in the run-up to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. However, visitors who already own a Hayya card are still given permission to stay until 23 January 2023.
How can I get a transit visa in Qatar?
You can apply for your Qatar transit visa at least seven days or a maximum of 90 days before you arrive in Qatar. You can apply with your passport at the nearest Qatar Airways ticketing office to process your visa application. After you applied for your transit visa, you can check the status of your transit visa application by sending an e-mail to Qatar Airways at [email protected]
You can also apply for a Qatar transit visa online on the Qatar Airways website, but the service is currently suspended.
Qatar transit visa requirements
Below are the requirements for a Qatar transit visa:
- Passengers must hold a confirmed Qatar Airways ticket for flights into and out of Qatar, and both flights must be operated by Qatar Airways.
- A passport valid for a minimum of six months from the time of arrival in Qatar
- The passenger’s name must match the name on the passport.
- The passenger must have mandatory health insurance while applying for a transit visa.
- Confirmed tickets for a journey into Qatar and the onward journey out of Qatar must be on the Qatar Airways ticket document.
- Layovers in Qatar should be at least 5 hours, and both flights must be operated by Qatar Airways.
- The facility is not applicable to travel where Doha is the point of turnaround, for example, BOM-DOH-BOM.
Qatar transit visa validity
The validity of a Qatar transit visa is up to 96 hours or 4 days from the time of issuance. Extension of the transit visa is not permitted.
Qatar transit visa fee
The Qatar transit visa fee is obtained free of charge.