Updated August 2023
Kuwait is a captivating country located in West Asia, renowned for its splendid cultural heritage and remarkable architectural landmarks. It is highly regarded as a prominent tourist destination and a key transit hub for travelers continuing their onward journeys. If you plan to travel and have a layover in Kuwait, it is essential to acquire either a Kuwait transit visa or a Kuwait visit visa.
In this article, Wego provides you with the details you need to know in order to obtain a Kuwait transit visa.
Table of Contents
Kuwait transit visa
A Kuwait transit visa enables you to stay in Kuwait during a layover before proceeding with your journey. It is mandatory to obtain a transit visa if your layover exceeds 4 hours or if you plan to leave the airport premises.
Note that residents of the GCC countries are exempt from the requirement of a transit visa
Kuwait transit visa requirements
In order to obtain a Kuwait transit visa, the following requirements must be met by all applicants:
- possess a passport (not older than 10 years) which is valid for at least 90 days from the date of expiry of the visa
- completed transit visa application form
- bank statement of the last six months for non-Kuwaiti nationals
- at least two to five recent passport-size (3.5 x 4.5 cm) photographs with white background. The picture must not be older than six months.
- proof of flight tickets for onward journey
- proof of hotel reservation
Kuwait transit visa validity
The Kuwait transit visa grants access to stay in Kuwait for a duration of seven days. The visa expires after seven days if not utilized for travel.
Kuwait transit visa online application
Travelers having a layover in Kuwait can apply for a transit visa online through the Kuwait Ministry of Interior’s e-visa website.
To apply for the Kuwait transit visa online or e-visa, follow the steps given below:
- visit the official Kuwait e-visa portal
- enter all the required details, including passport information, email address, and more, accurately
- click on the “I agree to Rules and Regulations” box
- enter the Captcha accurately
- click on ‘next’ and apply for the e-visa
To know more about applying for Kuwait visa online, we recommend going through our dedicated article on the topic.
If you are not eligible for an e-visa, you will need to apply for a transit visa at the nearest Kuwaiti embassy or consulate. There is also the option to apply for a visa upon your arrival at the airport.
Kuwait transit visa price
The Kuwait transit visa can be obtained after submitting a processing fee of KWD 2 (USD 6.50).