This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
For the convenience of visitors to the country, Kuwait offers multiple types of visa services easily available online. Eligible foreign travelers looking to enter Kuwait can easily apply for a Kuwait online visa in a straightforward and hassle-free manner.
Here is everything you need to know about the Kuwait online visa or eVisa.
What is the Kuwait online visa or eVisa?
The Kuwait online visa or eVisa is an online electronic visa available for travellers from 53 nationalities, including travellers from GCC nations, the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, and all EU countries, who plan to visit the Gulf state as tourists.
The Kuwait online visa or eVisa allows single entry to the holders and is valid for entry to the Gulf state for a month. Furthermore, the online visa enables travellers to stay in Kuwait temporarily for a period of 90 days or 3 months.
Please note that the Kuwait online visa or eVisa holders are NOT allowed to work in the country, as the online visa is mainly issued to accommodate travellers visiting Kuwait for leisure purposes.
Kuwait online visa or eVisa eligible countries
Travellers from the following 53 nationalities are eligible to apply for the Kuwait online visa or eVisa for entry into Kuwait:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, The People’s Republic of China – Hongkong, Turkey, Ukraine, the United States, the United Kingdom and the Vatican.
Furthermore, all foreigners having residency in one of the GCC countries, including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Oman, can also apply for the Kuwait e-Visa.Book cheap flights to Kuwait
Kuwait online visa or eVisa requirements
For eligible countries
The following are some of the Kuwait online visa or eVisa requirements:
- the validity of the passport must exceed six (6) months when applying for the Kuwait online visa or eVisa
- temporary travel document holders of all kinds are not permitted to use the Kuwait online visa or eVisa system
- the applicant must not have any security restrictions that prevent them from entering or exiting the country.
For GCC countries
The following are some of the requirements that travellers from GCC countries must meet to be eligible to apply for the Kuwait online visa or Kuwait eVisa:
- they must have a residency in one of the GCC countries, including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman
- the validity of the GCC residency must exceed six (6) months when applying for Kuwait online visa or eVisa.
- a copy of the sponsor’s GCC residency should be sent along with each eVisa application for all of the dependents, that is, spouse, children, domestic labour, etc.
- the sponsor should be present with the dependents upon arrival to Kuwait.
- the applicant’s profession, according to the GCC residency, should be one of the following:
- consultants, engineers, doctors, judges and members of public prosecution, lawyers, university teachers, press and media staff, pilots, system analysts and computer programmers, managers, businessmen, diplomatic corps, and university graduates – owners, managers and representatives of commercial companies and establishments
How to apply for the Kuwait online visa or eVisa?
The Kuwait online visa or eVisa can be applied for directly from the official Ministry of Interior’s Kuwait eVisa website.
To apply for the Kuwait online visa or eVisa, follow the steps given below:
- visit the official Kuwait eVisa portal
- enter all the required details, including passport information, email address, and more, accurately
- click on the “I agree to Rules and Regulations” box
- enter the Captcha accurately
- click on ‘next’
After submission, your application will be processed within two (2) working days, and you will be informed via your provided email address regarding your Kuwait tourist eVisa, or online visa application being approved or declined.
Kuwait online visa or eVisa status check
The Kuwait online visa or eVisa application status can be easily checked from the official Ministry of Interior’s Kuwait eVisa website.
To check the status of your Kuwait online visa or eVisa, please refer to our dedicated article below.
Kuwait online visa or eVisa price
The Kuwait online visa or eVisa fee is KWD 3 (USD 9.87). The fee may be applied after successfully obtaining the visa at the border entry point and must be paid by a credit card.
Please note that visitors who overstay beyond the permitted period will be fined and subjected to legal accountability that may extend to disqualifying them from being issued visas in the future.