This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Most foreign nationals who wish to visit Qatar can obtain a visa either by applying online or upon arrival at the airport. However, some individuals may need to visit an embassy or consulate in person to complete their visa application. In either scenario, foreign travelers must provide an identity photo that meets the guidelines set by the Qatar immigration authorities for all visa applications.
Qatar visa photo requirements 2023
The visa photo requirements in Qatar are stringent. If your photo does not meet the standards set by the authorities, your visa application will be rejected. These standards encompass specific dimensions, resolution, and appearance criteria that are detailed further below.
To ensure the photo is suitable for visa purposes, applicants must submit a current picture that was taken no more than six months prior to the application.Book cheap flights to Qatar
Qatar visa photo requirements size
As per the official rules, the photograph should be 4.5 x 3.5 cm (1.7 x 1.3 inches). The resolution of the photo must be at least 600 dpi.
Qatar visa photo specifications
The followings are the specifications of the Qatar visa photo that must be adhered to by visa applicants. Non-compliance may result in the rejection of their visa applications.
Background and quality of the photograph
- the background should be white with no exceptions
- it must be a coloured photograph, not black and white
Attire of the applicant
- do not wear uniforms
- glasses are acceptable under certain conditions
- headwears are usually not allowed. Exceptions are made for religious purposes
Expression of the applicant
- the applicant should have a neutral facial expression
- the applicant must not be smiling or opening their mouth
- the photograph has to be a full-face view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly
- side or angled views are not accepted
Qatar visa photo requirements for babies, infants, and newborns
Though still underage, parents must condition their babies for the visa photograph with the following guidelines:
- the eyes must be visible
- only your baby can appear in the photo. If you decide to hold your infant during the photo session, make sure that not even your hands are visible
- no pacifier and headwear allowed for the visa photo