This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated February 2023
If you’re planning to visit Kuwait, it’s crucial to ensure that your visa application is complete, including submitting an official passport photo that meets the requirements set by the Kuwaiti Consulate. Neglecting these requirements may result in a rejection of your visa application, delaying your trip.
We invite you to learn all the details concerning the Kuwait visa photo requirements below.
Kuwait visa photo requirements 2023
The Kuwait visa photo requirements are stringent. If your photo does not meet the standards set by the authorities, your visa application will be rejected. These standards encompass specific dimensions, resolution, and appearance criteria that are detailed further below.Book cheap flights to Kuwait
Kuwait visa photo requirements size
As per the official rules, the Kuwait visa photo size must be 4.5 x 3.5 cm. The resolution of the photo must be at least 600 dpi.
Kuwait visa photo specifications
The followings are the specifications of the Kuwait visa photo that must be adhered to by visa applicants. Non-compliance may result in the rejection of their visa applications.
Background and quality of the photograph
- the background should be light blue
- it must be a coloured photograph, not black and white
- the lighting should not be too bright or too dark to show the face in its natural color
- must be taken within the last 6 months
Attire of the applicant
- though the dress will not be prominently visible in the picture, applicants are still advised to dress appropriately
- headwear is allowed only for religious purposes. In such cases, the face should be fully visible from the chin to the forehead. No shadows should be visible on the face
- in the case of wearing a hijab, it is recommended that it be in a single color and allows the entire face to be visible from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead, including the sides of the face
- prescription glasses are permitted, but applicants must ensure there is no flash reflection
- glasses should not hide or change the details of your face; therefore glasses with thick or colored lenses are not allowed
Expression of the applicant
- the head of the applicant should be neither at an angle nor turned (portrait style)
- the head must be square to the camera; the face can be slightly rotated and or tilted
- the face and eyes must be straight towards the camera, so both ears and cheek are clearly visible
- the photograph has to be a full-face view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly
- smiling to the camera is not allowed
Kuwait visa photo requirements for babies, infants, and newborns
Though still underage, parents must condition their babies for the visa photograph with the following guidelines:
- children less than 3 years old should have their mouths open
- place the baby on a light blue layer
- the child should be awake during the photo shoot
- if the infant has a pacifier or headwear, you are expected to remove them from the shot
- the child has to appear alone in the picture