If you’d like to use the Al Hosn app, you must register via the ICA Smart Travel Service before you fly to Abu Dhabi. Otherwise, it’s not mandatory to register. Thus it is recommended that you register via the ICA Smart Travel Service before you fly to Abu Dhabi.
By registering via the ICA, you’ll be able to use the Al Hosn app when you land in Abu Dhabi. You’ll be required to present the Al Hosn app or the official health app from your country of residence to prove your vaccination status before you enter any public place in Abu Dhabi.
Book Cheap Flights to Abu Dhabi
Return permit to Dubai
As confirmed by the authorities, GDRFA or ICA approval is no longer required by the UAE residents travelling to Dubai. Therefore, UAE residents from all over the globe can now travel to Dubai without pre-travel or registration on the GDRFA or ICA/ICP portals.
Book Cheap Flights to Dubai
Return permit to Sharjah
Obtaining approval from the ICA is not required to enter Sharjah.
Book Cheap Flights to Sharjah
Return permit to Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah has also removed pre-departure ICA registration mandates.
Book cheap flights to Ras Al Khaimah
Resident visa holders returning from abroad
Most residence visa holders are only allowed to spend 6 months outside the UAE before they lose their residency. However, the following categories of visa holders are exempt from this visa validity rule. These include:
- Golden Visa holders
- investors with residence permit under an approved classification
- government employees sent abroad for medical reasons or on assignment
- a foreign national wife of an Emirati citizen sponsored by her husband
- domestic helpers accompanying Emirati citizens
- people sponsored by the diplomatic or consular representative of the UAE
- foreign national students enrolled with a university or institute abroad — this applies to Dubai
[Total: 203 Average: 4.5]