This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated August 2023
Russia’s eVisa program has revolutionized travel for foreign visitors, offering an entirely online application process and drastically reducing processing times. Eligible travelers from specific countries can now easily obtain their eVisas, enabling them to embark on short-term journeys to explore Russia’s incredible attractions.
Table of Contents
Russia eVisa eligible countries
Russia issues eVisa to citizens of over 50 countries. If you are from an eligible country, you can apply if your purpose of travel is: tourism, business, medical treatment, humanitarian, sports, culture, education, science, business trip, personal trip, or education.
- Czech Republic
- Iran, Islamic Republic of
- Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of
- North Macedonia
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
Russia eVisa requirements
Here are the general documents needed for applying for a Russia eVisa:
- A completed online application form
- A copy of a valid passport. The passport must be machine-readable and issued by an eligible country. The validity of the passport must be of at least 6 months from the date of application
- A recent photograph in JPEG format
- Medical insurance coverage for the entirety of the stay in Russia
Russia eVisa application
The application can be submitted no earlier than 40 days and no later than 4 days before the expected date of entry into Russia.
You can apply for the Russia eVisa by following these simple steps.
- Visit the official evisa kmid.ru website
- Login to your account, or if you haven’t registered, register as a new user
- Fill in the necessary information on the application form.
- Submit all the necessary required documents alongside your completed online application form.
- Make the payment with a valid card.
- After obtaining the visa, print out the notification or download it to your mobile device.
- Then you can show the notification to a Border Service officer at the border crossing point
Application can also be made through the official mobile application (can be downloaded from the website).
Russia eVisa cost
The amount of the consular fee charged for processing Russia eVisa application documents depends on the applicant’s nationality. They are determined by bilateral interstate agreements. You can calculate your Russia eVisa fee here.
Please note that no consular fee is charged in case of eVisa applications for children under 6 years of age.
Russia eVisa processing time
Applications for Russia eVisa will be processed in no more than 4 calendar days from the date of submission of the application. Furthermore, an application shall be returned for editing no later than two calendar days from the date of submission of the application.
Russia eVisa validity
As the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation Consular Department reports, a Russia eVisa is a single entry visa. The validity period of a unified electronic visa is 60 days from the date of issue. The permitted period of stay in the Russian Federation on the basis of a unified eVisa within its validity period shall not exceed 16 days from the date of entry.
Russia eVisa check online
You can track the status of your application in your personal account on https://evisacheck.kdmid.ru/ or in the MFA mobile application (can be downloaded from the website). The barcode on the notification of receiving eVisa can also be scanned to receive the status of the eVisa.
- You can check your Russia eVisa validity status by typing in your application ID and verification code to the tracking tool on the official website. Both the application ID and verification code will be available on the notification of granting an eVisa you receive.
2. After pressing the “Status Check” button, the message “Application Status: visa issued” will appear below the “Status Check” button. Below this line the following information will appear:
- travel document number;
- nationality as indicated in the travel document;
- eVisa ID;
- eVisa validity;