This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed May 2023
Saudi Arabia has been emerging as a global tourist location with its ancient heritage and culture, breathtaking outdoor activities and delicious local food. The Saudi government has also been increasingly easing entry restrictions to increase tourist inflow to the county as tourism development is an important driver of growth for the future of Saudi Arabia.
As part of the ongoing initiative, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced a new visa scheme for GCC residents. Here is everything you need to know before applying for a Saudi visit visa for GCC residents (تأشيرة دخول السعودية للمقيمين في دول الخليج).
Saudi visit visa for GCC residents
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has launched a new visa scheme for residents of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries with the primary objective of boosting tourism. According to the latest visa rules, GCC residents can now apply for an eVisa through the Visit Saudi online portal, which enables them to visit Saudi for both Umrah and tourism purposes.
Hence, visitors flying to Saudi Arabia are no longer required to go through the hassle of visiting an embassy in person to apply for a visa, making the visa application process simple and more straightforward.
The new eVisa announcement was a concrete step forward in making it even easier for tourists from all over the world to visit Saudi. With a wide variety of packages and a full calendar of events taking place throughout the year, Saudi is creating exciting opportunities for travellers to experience the authentic home of Arabia.Book cheap flights to Saudi Arabia
Saudi visit visa for GCC residents online application
Regardless of their occupation, citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations can now obtain a Saudi tourist visa. GCC residents can get a visit visa easily online through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) website. To obtain your Saudi eVisa for GCC residents, please consult the following.
To be eligible to apply for the Saudi eVisa, GCC residents must meet the following conditions:
- the minimum age of applicants is 18 (for children under 18, the parent is required to apply first)
- when applying, the applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six months. Applicants also must have a residency visa from a GCC country that has been valid for three months
- for religious tourists, please note that visa holders can perform Umrah anytime except during the Hajj season
- applicants must complete separate visa applications for each member of their direct family and must accompany the member upon entering Saudi
To apply for the Saudi eVisa, GCC residents need to follow the steps given below:
- visit the MOFA website and log in to your account. Register via email if you are a new applicant
- on the next page, fill out the required information, such as visa and personal details
- scroll down further to enter details regarding your GCC residency
- select travel insurance
- pay the application fee
Once approved, you will receive your Saudi eVisa via email.
Saudi visit visa for GCC residents cost
The cost for the eVisa is SAR 300 plus fees for full health insurance.
The multiple-entry tourist visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 90 days. The single-entry tourist visa is valid for three months from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 30 days.
Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable.