This article has been reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.

If you’re wondering what a travel report is or if you’re required to provide said report in some business or residency-related capacity, this article will provide you with the necessary information on what and how you can obtain the travel report UAE.

We’ll also discuss the associated cost, the required documents, as well as the different types of travel reports. 

What is the travel report UAE? 

The travel report is essentially a report issued by the immigration authority of the UAE. The report details the exit and entry dates of a traveller along with the associated ports of entry/exit. The report also details the traveller’s passport number and other relevant immigration details.

For the UAE in general, the travel report is issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA), while the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) is responsible for issuing the report for travellers with Dubai visa.

The travel report is also known as Entry/Exit report, Entry/Exit certificate, and Movement Report.

Types of travel report

There are two types of travel reports currently being issued in the UAE as follows:

  • Single Entry/Exit Travel Report. This report details information on a traveller’s last trip
  • Overall Entry/Exit Passenger Report. This report fully details the entry/exit travel history of a traveller


When will I need a travel report?

There are certain situations where a travel report may be required.

  • In the event of a UAE resident canceling their residence visa while outside of the UAE. One of the prerequisites to canceling a residence visa is a travel report.
  • In the event of company closure. Should a company ceases operation, the company owner is obliged to prove that there are no employees left on the company’s visa.
  • In the event of migrating to a new country. The destination country will require a travel history check and the travel report will satisfy this requirement.
  • In the event of applying for a tax exemption. An expat resident may be eligible for tax exemption in their home country if they have been living abroad for an extended period of time.
  • In the event of applying for an equivalency certificate. One of the requirements of an equivalency certificate is the travel report. The travel report must be submitted to the Ministry of Education portal.


How can I obtain the travel report?

The travel report may be obtained by applying through the DubaiNow app. Dubai visa holders are eligible to apply for a travel report for themselves or their dependents.

You may also visit the following centers:

  • Amer Center for Dubai visa
  • The ICA customer happiness center
  • Tasjeel
  • Approved typing centers


What documents are required?

For those applying for the travel report in person, please prepare the following documents.

  • Sponsor’s or applicant’s original Emirates ID
  • Applicant’s original passport with visa page copy
  • Passport-sized photograph


How much will it cost me?

Depending on the type of report, the cost of obtaining a travel report are as follows:

  • Overall travel report for employees AED 276
  • Overall travel report for family AED 240
  • Sponsor and sponsored AED 256