Updated July 2023
Turkey is renowned for its diverse and rich culture due to its geographic location at the intersection of the eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East. It’s of little surprise that many are looking to visit Turkey for both business and pleasure.
If you’re not among the countries specified as visa-exempt, you must obtain a visa before your departure. Read on to learn how you can check the status of your Turkey visa application.
Table of Contents
Turkey visa check status online
You can check the status of the application for your Turkey visa with your passport number by following the steps below:
- head over to the official website of the E-Visa application system of the Republic of Turkey
- input your reference code provided in your visa application summary email. It’s a combination of letters and numbers, for example, A2C-B2E4
- input your passport number
- input your e-mail address
- input the captcha
- click ‘submit’
Provided everything checks out, you will then be able to view your latest Turkey visa status.
Nationals allowed to enter Turkey with visa on arrival
Nationals of the following countries may obtain a visa on arrival when entering Turkey
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Dominican Republic
- Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus
- Hong Kong (BN(O))
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Nationals allowed to enter Turkey with national IDs
Citizens of the following countries can enter Turkey with just their national IDs, i.e., they are exempt from requiring a visa for travel.
- The Netherlands
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Nationals allowed to enter Turkey with expired passports
- Germany – Passports expired within the last year / ID’s expired within the last year
- Belgium – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- France – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Spain – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Switzerland – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Luxemburg – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Portugal – Passports expired within the last 5 years.
- Bulgaria – Valid ordinary passport
Please note that there may be additional requirements needed depending on the nature of your visit. Please consult the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for details.