Updated January 2023
Obtaining a visa is typically the first step in travelling to a foreign nation. In the case of visiting Canada, if you’re not among the ones eligible for a visa on arrival, then you’ll have to first obtain a visa before entering the country for any purposes, including work, visit, or study.
If you’ve applied for your visa, please continue reading our article to learn more about how you may check your Canada visa application status.
Canada visa check online 2023
You can check your Canada visa application status online on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) web portal. To check your visa status, please follow the steps below:
- visit the IRCC’s check status page from anywhere in the world
- select the visa type from the dropdown list. For example, select the Canada visitor visa if you’ve applied for the same
- log in to the account you created when submitting your application online. If you submitted your application on paper, read the instructions on how to link your account
- click on the ‘check status and messages’ section located under the main heading. View ‘my submitted applications or profiles’
- you will then be able to view your Canada visa status
Nationals allowed to enter Canada without a visa
Nationals of the following 52 countries may travel to Canada visa-exempt and must apply for an eTA.
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City.