This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated November 2022
The prestigious Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) 2022 has just concluded; it was a 3-day hub for entertainment and fanfare, fantastic flying displays, a heritage village, live music, rides, and more. With enhanced show features and more opportunities for business, growth and knowledge sharing, titans of the aeronautical industry convened in Bahrain to engage and communicate with industry peers and discover new business prospects.
Here is a quick rundown about this year’s Bahrain International Airshow 2022:
Bahrain International Airshow 2022
Bahrain had one of the best aircraft displays across the airshow circuit with stunning static and daily flying displays featuring the latest military jets and commercial aircraft. The Bahrain International Airshow had diverse and extensive offerings for the airshow visitors, with over 150 industry leaders and companies in attendance.
Exhibition and business professionals
The show allowed visitors to make new business connections and meet key aerospace businesses operating in the Middle East and internationally. Professionals from the aeronautical industry had the unique opportunity to explore the exhibition hall featuring the latest aerospace products and services and enjoy unparalleled networking opportunities by attending and participating in the various trade programs, conferences, seminars and workshops.
Family play areas and entertainment
The event was not just restricted to business professionals and was open to all. Here’s what went down at the 3-day show:
- Spectacular flying displays, starting at 1 PM every day and lasting until 4:30 PM. There was a special performance featuring the Global Stars, and visitors got over 10.5 hours of spectacular views across the three days of the show. Additionally, public visitors also got to meet the pilots and get their autographs.
- Stage performances featuring several Bahraini musicians, including Bu Dawas, Ahmed Al Qasim, Mohammed Al Araied, DJ Wanasah and DJ Sarah, and LIWA performances by authentic Bahraini folklore.
- Heritage Village offers a wide variety of local products made in Bahrain.
- Various entertainment activities for kids featuring face paintings, balloon twisting as well as contests, games and workshops.
- Food Festival offers a range of catering options to suit all tastes.
Spectacular flying shows
The unique location of the airshow at the Sakhir Airbase allowed visitors to experience one of the most spectacular flying displays in the Middle East. The following teams showcased their colourful displays at the BIAS 2022:
- The Red Arrows (RAFAT or Royal Air Force aerobatic team)
- Fursan Al Emarat
- The Saudi Hawks
- Global Stars aerobatic team (UK)
- US Air Force
- Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF)
- Pakistan Air Force
- UAE Air Force
- Gulf Air
Bahrain International Airshow 2022 dates
The Bahrain International Airshow took place from 9 to 11 November 2022, from 10 AM to 6 PM under the supervision of His Highness Shaikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, personal representative of His Majesty the King and chairman of the BIAS’ Supreme Organising Committee.
BIAS is organized by the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications (MTT) and the Royal Bahraini Airforce in cooperation with Farnborough International.
Bahrain International Airshow 2022 tickets
The tickets for the airshow were available at post offices across Bahrain and on show days at the Bahrain International Circuit, where shuttle buses would take you from the car parking to the show site.