This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 23 September 2021
With complete lockdowns and curfews worldwide, the tourism industry had to suffer huge losses during the pandemic. The global aviation industry has become one of the worst affected industries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, with countries reopening their borders and businesses gradually coming back to normal, the aviation industry is slowly getting back on track. Dubai Airshow 2021 is expected to showcase how the aviation sector can overcome the challenges and achieve full recovery during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Keep reading to know more about the Global Airshow event.
What is the Dubai Airshow event?
The Dubai Airshow event is a biennial airshow held every year in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The show has been organised since 1989 by F&E Aerospace, and the event is open only to industries and business professionals. It will feature over 20 country pavilions and showcase over 160 aircraft displays and the latest products in the market.
Drawing exhibitors, attendees, and the media in one place, the show is one of the most prestigious aerospace events globally.
When and where is the event taking place?
The Dubai Airshow event, 2021, is scheduled to happen from November 14 to 18 at its purpose-built venue at Dubai World Central, Dubai Airshow Site. The site is easily accessible from Abu Dhabi and it offers ample parking, an extensive exhibition hall, and a large static display.
The event is set to go on for those five days from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Registering for Dubai Airshow 2021
Being the only live and in-person aerospace event this year, the registrations for the Dubai Airshow, 2021, can be made from here.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Visitor badges will be valid for all 5 days of the Dubai Airshow with complimentary access to all conferences.
- You will require a digital photo of yourself and a scanned copy of your passport as you begin the registration process.
- This is strictly a business event and is not open to the general public.
- Only business attire and national dress are allowed.
- A Business Card, Passport or Emirates ID will be required for entry.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission.
What is the price of the ticket?
Visitors can register for the event with tickets priced at $85, allowing access to all five days of the event.
Lineup for the event
The 17th installation of the Dubai Airshow has planned several new events for this year. Some of the amazing events you can expect from the Dubai Airshow, 2021, are:
World Class Exhibitors
The event is scheduled to feature around 20 country pavilions showcasing their latest products and technology. This will allow people to further discover the most innovative technologies from around the world.
You can view the exclusive exhibitor’s list here.
Dubai Airshow is set to host thought-leadership conferences based on current themes and future trends that are backed by leading experts and practitioners from the aerospace sector.
The Conferences going to be hosted are Cargo Connect Conference, Global Air Traffic Management, Tech Xplore, Aviation Sustainability, Advanced Aerial Mobility, Space Forum
The Dubai Airshow’s static park & flying display is going to feature the world’s most advanced aircraft on the ground and in the air.
There are some official events taking place in the Dubai Airshow, 2021:
- Exhibitor’s Party where the exhibitors and sponsors will have the opportunity to build long term business relationships.
- Dubai Airshow Golf Tournament is going to be held for the exhibitors. The event is set to be held in the Emirates Golf Club.
- GALA Dinner, where global superstars will be performing, making the event the social highlight of the Airshow.
- Dubai International Air Chief’s Conference focusing on the challenge of tomorrow’s Air Force.
- Features at Dubai Airshow that provides attendees of the event with some incredible learning and business opportunities.
Safety measures for the event
Since the Airshow is set to be held in person during the COVID-19 pandemic, strict safety measures are being taken. Some of the measures are:
- Face masks will be made mandatory for the attendees of the Airshow.
- Attendees without a face mask will be subject to fines.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection will be implemented.
- Attendees have to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from each other.
- Direct contact will be discouraged.
- No onsite registration will be allowed. Registrations have to be made in advance.