Reviewed 15 June 2022
Bahrain offers multiple visa services, each with a certain validity period. The validity of such important documents, such as work permits and visas, can be easily checked online with a few clicks.
Keep reading to know all about the validity period of different Bahrain visas, how to check and extend the validity period of visas issued by Bahrain.
Bahrain visa validity period
All visas have a validity period. This is the period of time during which the visa can be used for travel to Bahrain. If it is not used within this period, the visa expires, and you must obtain a new one.
The validity period for all visas issued by the government, such as tourist visas, employment visas, medical visas, and other types of visas, are as follows:
- Single entry visa: valid for 2 weeks per stay (can be extended for 2 weeks)
- Multiple entry visa (3 months): valid for 1 month for each stay (can be extended for 2 weeks).
- Multiple entry visa (1 year): valid for 3 months for each stay (can be extended for 2 weeks).
- Sponsored visa (Single entry): valid for 1 week per stay (can be extended for 1 week).
- Sponsored visa (Single entry): valid for 2 weeks per stay (can be extended for 2 weeks).
- Sponsored visa (Single entry): valid for 1 month per stay (can be extended for 1 month).
- Sponsored visa (Multiple entry): valid for 1 month and 2 weeks per stay (can be extended for 2 weeks).
Bahrain visa validity check through LMRA
By visiting the Labour Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA) website here, expatriate employees can check the validity, work permit application status, or legal status of their work permits in Bahrain.
This service can be used by either entering the personal number, work permit number, application ID number or passport number of the applicant and checking the validity of the visa.
Bahrain visa status check
To check the status of your e-visa or permits issued by Bahrain:
- check out the Ministry of Interior Affairs here
- enter your passport number, nationality and date of birth
- enter the Application Reference Number you were given when you applied for your Visa or Permit
- click “Submit” and view the status of your visa application
Bahrain visa extension
Visa can be issued to eligible visitors and guarantors (government organizations, companies and citizens). This service is done in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
To extend your Bahrain visa validity online, please :
- visit the Kingdom of Bahrain’s National portal here
- select the type of applicant
- provide the required details including passport number, date of birth and nationality to begin the extension process