Updated December 2023
The Hajj is one of the most important religious events in the Islamic calendar. Millions of Muslims from around the world travel to Makkah each year to participate in the annual pilgrimage.
Table of Contents
Hajj 2024 registration from Pakistan news
The Hajj 2024 registration from Pakistan under government scheme has officially begin. Pilgrims can now apply online at https://applyonline.hajjinfo.org/.
Other than that, the Ministry of Religious Affairs has announced the fee for the parents who wants to bring their infants to Hajj. Below are the details:
Aside from that, The Ministry of Religious Affairs is contemplating extending the application period by 7 to 10 days to increase the number of applicants for the Hajj pilgrimage and encourage broader participation. There are indications that the 5-year ban on reapplying for the Hajj might be lifted, as per reports.
Additionally, the Ministry is looking into potentially easing restrictions for women to perform Hajj without a male guardian (Muharram). If this change happens, it could signify a positive change towards more inclusivity in the Hajj policy.
Hajj 2024 registration from Pakistan dates
The dates for Hajj 2024/1445H are expected to occur from November 27 to December 22 when banks can start receiving applications under the regular scheme. However, the Saudi Ministry for Hajj and Umrah revealed that the first batch of pilgrims will arrive at the Kingdom on 9 May next year.
Hajj 2024 from Pakistan requirements
Here are the eligibility criteria for those who wish to perform Hajj in 2024:
- applicants who have performed Hajj during the last five years are not eligible to apply for Hajj in 2024, except if they are a Mahram or going to perform Hajj Badal
- applicants must possess a valid machine-readable passport
- applicants must possess a Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- applicants with infectious diseases are not eligible to apply
For more information, visit our dedicated Hajj 2024 Guide for Pilgrims from Pakistan.
Hajj 2024 registration from Pakistan procedures
In Pakistan, there are two schemes for those who wish to perform Hajj: the Government Hajj Scheme for pilgrims who intend to perform Hajj under government arrangements and the Private Hajj Scheme for those who want to make their own arrangements through Hajj Group Organizers (HGO).
If you wish to follow the Private Hajj Scheme, it is best to contact a trusted travel agent. To find a list of approved travel agents in Pakistan, you can refer to our article on Pakistan Hajj Operators 2024.
Applications for Hajj 2024 under the Government Hajj Scheme will be accepted through selected banks. Applicants are required to deposit PKR 50,000 along with their application, which should be submitted to the banks designated by the Ministry.
The following banks are authorized to provide application forms to pilgrims:
- Habib Bank Ltd
- United Bank Ltd
- National bank of Pakistan
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Ltd
- Muslim commercial bank Ltd
- First Women bank
- Bank of Punjab
- Allied bank
- Faysal bank
- Habib metropolitan bank
- Bank AL-Falah
- Sindh bank
- JS bank Ltd
To apply for the Government Hajj Scheme in Pakistan for Hajj 2023, please follow the instructions below:
- Fill in all required information for the Hajj application.
- Make photocopies of necessary documents and collect photographs as specified.
- Take the photocopies, photographs, and required fees to the designated bank.
- Provide all necessary materials to the bank officials for processing.
- Receive a computer-generated printout of the Hajj application along with its unique application number from the bank.
Hajj 2024 registration from Pakistan lucky draw
The government of Pakistan has recently declared that there will not be any balloting for the Hajj pilgrimage this year. As per the Ministry of Religious Affairs, they have received a total of 72,869 applications, and all of them will be approved.
It is important to note that Saudi Arabia has allocated a total of almost 180,000 slots for Pakistani pilgrims for this Hajj season.