Updated January 2023
Qatar has extended the validity of all types of the Hayya Card for fans as well as organisers residing outside the country starting 30 January 2023 until 24 January 2024.
Further, the Ministry of Interior has declared that individuals possessing the Hayya card, a key document used during the 2022 FIFA World Cup, must comply with the following requirements to enter the country with the card.
- proof of hotel reservation or accommodation with family or friends approved via the online Hayya Portal
- a passport with a validity of at least 3 months from arrival in the State
- health insurance valid for the entire duration of stay in Qatar
- a return ticket
Hayya Card holders returning to Qatar will also be entitled to:
- “Hayya With Me”, allowing them to invite up to three family members or friends to Qatar
- a multiple-entry permit to the state
- use of the e-Gate system for entry and exit via state ports
The Hayya Card extension is free of charge, meaning holders will be able to avail of this extension at no extra cost.
The Ministry of Interior announces the validity extension of the Hayya Card for fans and organizers. The cardholders will be allowed to enter the State of Qatar starting today until 24 January 2024 as per the specified conditions. #MOIQatar pic.twitter.com/OvXVS7tYHL
— Ministry of Interior (@MOI_QatarEn) January 30, 2023
The new extension has been granted due to widespread requests from individuals seeking to enter Qatar after the initial Hayya Card validity period expired on 23 January. The Hayya Card facilitated entry for millions during the FIFA World Cup in the Gulf state, making it easier for travelers to experience all the country has to offer.