Reviewed October 2023
Renewing your Indian passport is crucial for Indian expatriates residing in Qatar. As an Indian citizen, having a valid passport is vital for international travel, identification, and various legal purposes. If you need to renew your Indian passport in Qatar, this article will guide you through the process and provide essential information to ease your passport renewal experience.
Read further to discover the streamlined process of renewing your Indian passport in Qatar.
Table of Contents
Indian passport renewal in Qatar
Indian expats in Qatar typically renew their passports under the following circumstances:
- Validity expired or about to expire: If the passport’s validity is approaching expiration or has already expired, it can be renewed through the Indian Embassy.
- Exhaustion of visa pages: If all the visa pages in the passport have been utilized, a new passport can be issued by renewing the existing one.
- Lost/stolen or damaged passports: In cases where the passport has been lost, stolen, or damaged, individuals can apply for a new passport through the renewal process.
- Change in existing passport particulars: If there are any changes required in the existing passport details, such as name change or address change, the passport can be renewed to reflect the updated information.
Where can Indians renew their passport in Qatar?
Indian nationals residing in Qatar have three options for renewing their passports. They can renew their passport through the Indian Embassy, the Indian Cultural Center (ICC), or the Indian Community Benevolent Forum (ICBF).
Indian expats in Qatar can renew or reissue their passports through the Indian Embassy in Doha.
Address: Indian Embassy Qatar, Villa No 86 & 90, Street No. 941, Al Eithra Street, Zone 63, Onaiza, Doha.
Telephone: +974-4425 5777
Below are the working hours for the Embassy of India in Qatar:
|Embassy working hours||Sunday to Thursday||9 AM to 5:30 PM|
|Submission of documents||Sunday to Thursday||9:15 AM to 12:15 PM|
|Collection of passport||Sunday to Thursday||3 PM to 4 PM|
|Collection of visa, OCI or miscellaneous consular documents||Sunday to Thursday||4 PM to 5:15 PM|
Indian Cultural Center (ICC)
The Indian Cultural Centre (ICC) in Qatar, operating under the patronage of the Embassy of India, serves as the central organization for the Indian expatriate community. It is responsible for promoting social and cultural activities among the Indian community in Qatar. In addition to its core functions, the ICC also facilitates the renewal of Indian passports.
Address: Indian Cultural Center, Al Maadeed St, Doha, Qatar
Telephone: +974 4468 6607
Below are the working hours for ICC Qatar:
|Submission of documents (through appointment only)||Sunday to Friday||9 AM to 1 PM
4:30 PM to 9 PM
|Collection of passport||Sunday to Friday||9 AM to 1 PM
4:30 PM to 9 PM
Indian Community Benevolent Forum (ICBF)
The Indian Community Benevolent Forum (ICBF) in Qatar, operating under the Indian Embassy, provides selfless, non-profit, and philanthropic assistance to the needy and working-class individuals in the Indian community.
Address: Integrated Indian Community Center Building (IICC), Villa No:47, Ibn Al Mustawfi Street, Nuaija, Al Thumama, Doha.
Telephone: +974-44670060, 77867794
Below are the working hours for ICBF Qatar:
|Submission of documents (through appointment only)||Saturday to Thursday||12:00 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Collection of passport||Saturday to Thursday||03:00 pm to 07:00 pm|
How to apply for Indian passport renewal in Qatar?
Indian expats in Qatar can renew or reissue their passports through the Indian Embassy in Doha. The process involves submitting an online application on India’s Passport Seva website.
Consular services at the ICC are strictly available by prior appointment only. To schedule an appointment for passport renewal at the ICC Qatar, you can follow the provided link to book your appointment online ICC Appointment System (iccqatar.com).
Passport renewal services are also available at the ICBF office in Nuaija by prior appointment only. To book an appointment, use the provided link online appointment at ICBF Qatar.
Please note that an online appointment is no longer required to visit the Indian Embassy in Qatar.
The required documents and application process for renewal at the ICC and ICBF are the same as those at the Indian Embassy. Therefore, you will need to gather the same set of documents and follow the same application process regardless of whether you choose to renew your passport at the ICC, ICBF, or the Indian Embassy.
During the Indian passport renewal process in Qatar, you need to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Original Passport: Submit your current original passport, which is being renewed.
- Copy of the Passport: Include a photocopy of the first two and last two pages of your current passport. If there are any pages with observation(s), include copies of those as well.
- Copy of Permanent Residence Permit for Qatar: Provide a copy of your Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) for Qatar. This document verifies your legal residency status in Qatar.
- Affidavit: Include an affidavit stating that you have no objection to the issuance of a new passport and that you have not acquired any other nationality. The format for the affidavit can be obtained from the Indian Embassy or downloaded from their official website.
- Two Color Photographs: Attach two recent color photographs, sized 50 mm x 50 mm. The photos should have a front view of your full face against a plain white background. Ensure that you are not wearing colored or dark glasses and avoid wearing a uniform in the photos.
To renew your Indian passport in Qatar, follow these simple steps:
- Online Application:
- visit https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ and select Qatar-Doha as the Indian Mission.
- choose the service option “Re-issue Passport” and carefully fill out the application form with accurate details.
- Print and Submit:
- after completing the online form, print out the application form.
- submit the printed form in person or through an authorized representative at the Indian Embassy in Qatar.
- Application Review:
- if the application is in order and no prior reference is required, the passport will be issued normally.
- Urgent Passport (Tatkal Scheme):
- for urgent passport requirements, you can choose the Tatkal Scheme.
- pay an additional QAR 550/- fee and submit the application at the embassy.
- under the Tatkal Scheme, you can receive your passport the next day after submission.
- note that Tatkal passports are only issued for specified emergencies and not for cases requiring a referral to India due to adverse or incomplete PVR status.
Ensuring all information is accurate and the required documents are provided to facilitate a smooth passport renewal process is recommended.
To ensure a smooth Indian passport renewal in Qatar, please follow these steps:
- plan ahead and submit your renewal application well in advance, ideally up to 1 year before the expiry date of your passport.
- carefully read and understand the renewal guidelines provided by the Indian Embassy or the online portal.
- fill out the application form accurately, ensuring that all the information is correct, and double-check it before submitting.
- gather all the required documents mentioned in the checklist provided by the embassy. Ensure that you have all the necessary documents in the specified format.
- follow the photograph requirements strictly. Use a white background and avoid wearing colored glasses or uniforms in the photo.
- consider submitting the application in person or through an authorized representative, ensuring that you have all the required documentation.
- stay updated by regularly checking the official website of the Indian Embassy or contacting their helpline for any updates or changes in the renewal process.
- keep copies of the application form and all the submitted documents for your records.
- monitor the status of your renewal application through any available tracking systems or online portals provided by the embassy.
What is the fee for Indian passport renewal in Qatar?
Below is the fee for Indian Passport Renewal
Regular Service Fee
Tatkaal Service Fee
|Re-issue of Passport- Ordinary (36 pages)||QAR 282||QAR 828|
|Re-issue of Passport- Jumbo (64 pages)||QAR 373||QAR 919|
|Re-issue of Passports for children below 15 years||QAR 191||QAR 737|
The above fee includes QAR 8 towards the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF).
If you renew through ICC or ICBF, they will charge a service fee (QAR 10) in addition to the above consular fee.
How to track Indian passport renewal in Qatar?
The Indian Embassy in Qatar does not offer a tracking system for passport renewal applications. When you submit the documents for renewal, you will be given a receipt with the date for collection. You can directly go to the Embassy on the mentioned date.
If you have applied with the ICC, you can track the status of your passport renewal application using the tracking page on the ICC website. All you need to do is enter the application number.