Updated September 2023
In the post-pandemic state, many people are looking forward to travelling to other countries, and Kuwait is one of many countries that offers great range of touristy destinations for everyone to visit. However, have you thought about determining whether you are currently subject to a travel ban before leaving? Read further to know more about checking on your travel ban status in Kuwait.
Table of Contents
Kuwait travel ban latest news
The Ministry of Interior in Kuwait has enacted a travel restriction that prohibits its police officers from traveling to nations facing continual turmoil and instability. This noteworthy directive was officially communicated through Circular No. 186/2023 by the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Interior, Lieutenant General Anwar Al Barjas. The affected countries listed in this travel ban encompass Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Sudan.
What is a travel ban?
A travel ban is a command sent to all state ports by the governments to prevent an individual from leaving or entering the nation in accordance with a court or police order for the protection of personal interests in situations such as child custody, financial default, or criminal inquiry.
It entails that those who have been issued a travel ban by the government are not permitted to leave the country and may be detained upon entry if the reasons for the ban are not immediately resolved.
Kuwait travel ban check
Below is the step-by-step on how to check whether you have a travel ban or not in Kuwait:
1. Visit the Kuwait Government’s personal inquiry about MOI services.
2. Click on the ‘Start eService’ button.
3. Choose the ‘Individuals’ category and click ‘Electronic Inquiries.’
4. Click on the ‘Travel Ban Data’ service
5. Input your Civil ID number
6. Follow the instructions, then click the ‘Query’ button.
7. The screen will show you the travel ban that you have once you click on it. If you don’t have any, you will get a message saying, ‘You don’t have a travel ban.’
8. Once you are clear that you don’t have any travel ban, you can proceed with your trip to Kuwait.
If I’m banned, how do I pay my travel ban fine in Kuwait?
If a travel ban was imposed against you, then you can promptly resolve this at any Interior Ministry service centers. The ban will be revoked shortly once this matter is resolved unless you want to resolve it through the Justice Ministry, in which case the ban will only be revoked one day after receiving your payment.