This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 24 August 2022
In response to the Covid-19 post-pandemic situation, and the lifting of restrictions from most countries worldwide, a number of people are looking forward to touring different countries of the world, including Qatar. However, have you ever thought about determining whether you are currently subject to a travel ban before leaving?
Read on to know how to check your travel ban status in Qatar
Table of Contents
What is the travel ban in Qatar?
A travel ban, in general, is a command sent to all state ports by the governments to prevent an individual from leaving or entering the nation in accordance with a court or police order for the protection of personal interests in situations such as child custody, financial default, or criminal inquiry.
The citizens and residents of Qatar who have pending judicial cases in the country will be subject to the travel ban circular in Qatar. The travel ban imposed on such individuals limits them to travel in and out of Qatar.
Qatar travel ban check 2022 online
As announced by the Supreme Judicial Council of Qatar, citizens and residents of Qatar can check the circulars of their travel ban orders before leaving the country through the Metrash2 application (Android/iOS). Apart from this, they can also view travel ban circulars on the Ministry of Interior e-services portal.
Furthermore, citizens and residents can also check their Qatar ban status by contacting on 55788372, 44597769, and 44597777
Qatar travel ban check through Metrash2 application
Follow the steps given below to check your Qatar travel ban status through the Metrash2 application:
- Download the Metrash2 application (Android/iOS)
- Log in to your account
- Click on the upper right icon, and select the ‘Travel Ban’ option.
- The screen will display your Qatar travel ban status. In case there are no existing travel ban circulars for your account, a notice will appear on your screen that displays, “No data found for this search”.
Qatar travel ban check through MOI (Ministry of Interior)
Follow the steps given below to check your Qatar travel ban status through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) e-services portal:
- First, log in with your smartcard to the Ministry of Interior e-services portal
- Select your required transaction type:
- personal for the smart card owners.
- company name for an authorized individual.
- Click on the “General Services” option.
- After this, select the “Travel Ban Inquiry” option.
- Use the page “List of Travel Ban Circulars” to view the circulars recorded on your ID number and the commanding entities.
- After logging in to the service, the system will display a list of travel ban circulars (if any). However, in case of no recorded circulars, the system will display a message stating so.
- Log out of the service after checking your Qatar travel ban status.
How to request the cancellation of the Qatar travel ban?
The citizens and residents can request the cancellation of their Qatar travel ban on a petition through the Al Mahakem E-Services Portal.
To request the cancellation of their Qatar travel ban on a petition, follow the steps given below:
- Login to the Al Mahakem E-Services Portal.
- Enter the activation code sent to your registered number.
- Click on ‘Send’.
- After this, select the type of entry (lawyer, personal).
- Choose the type of the required service by selecting the “Motion Trials Services” option.
- Then select the “Request Cancellation of Travel Ban” option,
- Fill in the required details, including the applicant information and case information and number, application details, attachments, and signature
- Submit your cancellation request.
Please make sure to check the “Electronic Payments” section to know the required fees for the service and complete the payment.