Updated November 2022
The Sultanate of Oman launched the Oman eVisa, an online visa to Oman back in March 2018. It is an important document that all travellers must get to travel and stay in Oman.
If you are looking forward to travelling to Oman, below we have gathered all the important information about the Oman e-Visa. Read further to know more.
What is Oman e-Visa?
Oman e-Visa is a valid tourist visa and an electronic travel permit that enables entry into Oman through land or air. It is electronically connected to the traveller’s passport.
The Royal Oman Police (ROP) made an announcement about a new online application process and visa regulations in February 2018. The new online Oman visa system or Oman e-Visa aims to speed up the application procedure for travellers visiting the country and minimize the queue lines at the terminal of arrival.
Oman e-Visa application
Below is the step-by-step for you to apply for your Oman e-Visa:
- Log in to the Royal Oman Police official website
- Click on ‘Apply for a Visa’ and select the ‘Unsponsored visa’ option
- Select your nationality
- Select your visa type
- Input your personal details
- Click on ‘Request visa here’
- Attach all the required documents.
- Review your application summary.
- Click on ‘submission and payment’.
- Choose the choice of your payment.
- After you’ve completed your payment, the site will give you a reference number to track your visa application.
- You can also download your visa application summary in a PDF format to print it.
Once your visa application is approved, you will get a notification through an SMS that your visa has been granted.
Oman e-Visa required documents
Below are the required documents that you need to present to get your Oman e-Visa:
- Personal information, such as your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact details.
- A passport with validity for at least 6 months after arrival date to Oman.
- A recent digital passport-style photo
- Any other supporting documents applicable – Accommodation proof and airline confirmation, especially the return flight ticket, may be required by border control when entering Oman to prove your intention to leave before your Visa expires, however, it is not necessary when you apply online.
All documents must be uploaded in digital format for your online application. Tourists do not need to present any travel document at the Oman Embassy or consulate in person.
Oman e-Visa price
Oman e-Visa price varies based on the visa types:
- Single-entry visa: $103.99
- Multiple-entry visa: $181.99
- GCC residents visa: $66,99
Oman e-Visa check
To track your e-Visa application, you can do so by following these steps:
- Visit the ‘Track Your Application’ on Royal Oman Police official site.
- Input your Visa Application Number
- Input your Travel Document Number
- Input your Document’s Nationality
- Input the captcha
- Click ‘search’
Oman e-Visa extension
There are three different types of Oman visas available through online services, depending on your nationality and travel purposes.
- Single entry visa: Travellers can only enter the country once and stay for up to 30 days in total. This type of tourist visa may be extended once for up to an extra 30 days.
- Multiple entry visa: This visa grants tourists multiple entries over the course of a year. This visa cannot be extended, and each stay is limited to 30 days per entry.
- GCC residents visa: This visa is available to visitors with GCC resident cards and is valid for up to 28 days in total for a single entry into Oman. It may be extended once for a total of seven days.
Oman e-Visa processing time
The visa application will be processed as quickly as possible after being submitted with the necessary details. Although processing dates may differ depending on individual visa application, it’s best to submit your visa application at least 4 days ahead of time.