Updated November 2023
The Sultanate of Oman launched the Oman eVisa, an online visa to Oman, back in March 2018. It is an important document that all travellers must get to travel and stay in Oman.
If you are looking forward to travelling to Oman, we have gathered all the important information about the Oman e-Visa below. Read further to know more.
Table of Contents
Oman e-Visa news & updates
According to the latest announcement by the Royal Oman Police, Oman no longer permits the conversion of visit visas to work visas. Earlier, visitors could enter Oman through a visit visa and get it converted to a work visa. This new directive is operational from October 31, 2023.
What is Oman e-Visa?
Oman e-Visa is a valid tourist visa and an electronic travel permit that enables entry into Oman through land or air. It is electronically connected to the traveller’s passport.
The Royal Oman Police (ROP) announced a new online application process and visa regulations in February 2018. The new online Oman visa system, or e-Visa, aims to speed up the application procedure for travellers visiting the country and minimize the queue lines at the arrival terminal.
Oman e-Visa application
Below is the step-by-step for you to apply for your Oman e-Visa:
- Log in to the Royal Oman Police official website
- Click on ‘Apply for a Visa’ and select the ‘Unsponsored visa’ option
- Select your nationality
- Select your visa type
- Input your personal details
- Click on ‘Request visa here’
- Attach all the required documents.
- Review your application summary.
- Click on ‘submission and payment’.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment.
- After you’ve completed your payment, the site will give you a reference number to track your visa application.
- You can also download your visa application summary in a PDF format to print it.
Once your visa application is approved, you will get a notification through an SMS that your visa has been granted.
Oman e-Visa required documents
Below are the required documents that you need to present to get your Oman e-Visa:
- Personal information includes your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact details.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after arrival date to Oman.
- A recent digital passport-style photo
- Any other supporting documents applicable – Accommodation proof and airline confirmation, especially the return flight ticket, may be required by border control when entering Oman to prove your intention to leave before your Visa expires. However, it is not necessary when you apply online.
All documents must be uploaded in digital format for your online application. Tourists must not present any travel document in person at the Oman Embassy or consulate.
Oman e-Visa price
Oman e-Visa price varies based on the visa types:
- Oman Tourist e-Visa (30 days valid, single entry): OMR 20 (USD 51.94)
- Oman Tourist e-Visa (1 year valid, multiple entry): OMR 50 (USD 129.86)
- GCC residents visa: OMR 5 (USD 13)
Oman e-Visa status check
To track your e-Visa application, you can do so by following these steps:
- Visit the ‘Track Your Application’ on Royal Oman Police’s official site.
- Input your Visa Application Number
- Input your Travel Document Number
- Input your Document’s Nationality
- Input the captcha
- Click ‘search’
Oman e-Visa extension
Three different Oman visa types are available online, depending on your nationality and travel purposes.
- Single entry visa: Travellers can only enter the country once and stay for up to 30 days in total. This type of tourist visa may be extended once for up to an extra 30 days.
- Multiple entry visa: This visa grants tourists multiple entries over the course of a year. This visa cannot be extended; each stay is limited to 30 days per entry.
- GCC residents visa: This visa is available to visitors with GCC resident cards and valid for up to 28 days for a single entry into Oman. It may be extended once for a total of ten days.
Oman e-Visa processing time
The visa application will be processed quickly after being submitted with the necessary details. Although processing dates may differ depending on individual visa application, it’s best to submit your visa application at least 4 days ahead of time.