This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated September 2023
Pakistan has been actively encouraging foreign businessmen to invest in the country in order to support its economic and infrastructure growth. As part of this effort, Pakistan has introduced a visa program specifically for investors who wish to stay in the country for a designated period of time.
Continue reading to learn more about Pakistan’s business visas, including their eligibility requirements, costs, application process, and more.
Table of Contents
Pakistan business visa latest news
Pakistan has proposed a new policy in a bid to revitalize its economy. Under this new policy, foreign businessmen will be granted visas based on a single document issued by their home countries or international business organizations. With this newly designed visa, Pakistan ensures eager foreign entrepreneurs a more accessible visa regime to explore business opportunities within the country.
Pakistan business visa eligibility
Pakistan issues business visas to citizens from more than 100 countries around the world. However, only people from the following categories are eligible for the visas:
- citizens of Business Visa List (BVL) countries
- citizens of Non-Business Visa List (Non-BVL) countries
- visitors who have a business related to the Reko Diq Project
- China citizens obtaining a business visa for CPEC projects in Pakistan
The categories will determine the validity and the processing time of visa issuance. Please note that some nationals are eligible for a Pakistan business visa on arrival, which is also known as a Business Visa in Your Inbox. The list of countries can be checked on the Pakistan government website.
Pakistan business visa required documents
To apply for the BVL, non-BVL and business visa for CPEC, it is compulsory that the applicants possess the following documents:
- proof of registration of the company which is extending the invitation (SECP/Chamber of Commerce Certificate)
- any of the following documents:
- recommendation letter from CC&I or respective foreign country
- invitation letter from business organization duly recommended by concerned trade organization in Pakistan
- recommendation letter by the honorary investment counsellor of BOI/Commercial Attaché
The invitation letter mentioned above can be applied for through Pakistan’s E-Business Invitation Letter System. It is important to note that applicants are also required to upload proof of legal residence if they are not present in their home country and are applying from a third country.
Reko Diq Project required documents
If applicants are applying for a Pakistan business visa related to the Reko Diq Project, they must submit the following required documents:
- invitation Letter from the Reko Diq Mining Company
Visa on arrival required documents
In addition to the documents listed earlier, individuals applying for a Pakistan Business Visa in Your Inbox must also apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) at least 48-72 hours before their planned departure to Pakistan.
To apply for an ETA, they must complete an online visa application through the Pakistan Online Visa System, indicating their intention to travel to Pakistan for business purposes. If their application is approved and they receive a valid ETA, they are allowed to travel to Pakistan.
An ETA is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. If the applicants do not travel within the valid period of their ETA, their visa application will be cancelled.
Pakistan business visa application process
Applying for a Pakistan business visa is a straightforward process, provided that applicants have all the required documents. They can follow these steps:
- Visit https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/
- Create an account
- Login to the Pakistan Online Visa System
- Complete the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application
Pakistan business visa processing time
The processing time for a Pakistan business visa application depends on the type of business visa. Here is the estimated time for each type of business visa issuance:
- BVL countries: 24 hours (working hours)
- Non-BVL countries: 4 weeks (working days)
- Reko Diq Project (all countries): 24 hours (working hours)
- Business Visa in Your Inbox: 48-72 hours (working hours)
Please note that if a Pakistan business visa application is returned to the applicant for further review, the processing time will restart from the date that the application is resubmitted. However, if the applicant fails to resubmit the application within seven days of it being sent for review, the application will be cancelled.
Pakistan business visa validity
The validity of a Pakistan business visa depends on its type and is as follows:
- BVL countries – up to 5 years (multiple entries)
- Non-BVL countries – up to 1 year (multiple entries)
- Business visa for CPEC – up to 5 years (multiple entries)
- Reko Diq Project – up to 5 years (multiple entries)
- Business Visa in Your Inbox – 30 days (single entry)
Pakistan business visa fees
The cost of obtaining a Pakistan business visa varies depending on the type of visa and the applicant’s country of origin. The fees range from approximately USD 9 to USD 200. For more detailed information on visa fees, please visit the Pakistan Ministry of Interior website. For more detailed rates, visit the Pakistan MoI website.
Pakistan business visa extension
Business visa holders in Pakistan may apply to renew their visas if they are residing in the country and hold a valid Pakistani visa and entry stamp on their passports. It typically takes 4 weeks (working days) to process their visa renewal.