Updated February 2023
Qatar has the world’s third-largest proven natural gas reserve and is the second-largest exporter of natural gas. It is no surprise that the Qatari economy is one of the fastest-growing economies in the Middle East and, indeed, the world. Even so, Qatar has been attempting to diversify its economy in recent years by fostering the growth of new industries like manufacturing, tourism, and technology.
Foreigners who plan to do business in Qatar are obliged to obtain a business visa. Below, we have gathered all the important information about the visa.
Table of Contents
Qatar business visa types
Qatar business visa allows non-Qataris to conduct business and work in the country on a temporary basis. This type of visa is considered efficient because it allows business visa holders to perform temporary tasks that cannot be considered permanent employment.
There are two types of business visa:
72-hour business visa
This visa is issued on arrival and is extendable for a further 72 hours. The visa suits those who wish to visit the country on short-term business trips. Applicants are required to carry proper documentation proving the purpose of their trip.
90-day business visa
This visa is available for new expatriate workers and persons conducting short-term contractual work in Qatar. The visa is valid for a maximum of three months and must be arranged in advance by an approved company or institution operating in Qatar.
Qatar business visa eligibility
To be eligible for a Qatar business visa, the visitor should be coming for professional, business or investment purposes.
Qatar business visa required documents
- original passport with a validity of at least 6 months ahead of the date of travel
- visa application form
- coloured photographs as per the photo specifications.
- a cover letter with all the required details from the invitee company. The letter of invitation from the company should match the following criteria:
- It must contain the signature of the authority along with the designation, name of the company and the stamp
- it must mention the contact details, the purpose of the travel, sponsorship details and other important documents
- it must be addressed to the respective diplomatic mission
- income tax returns proof
- departure and return ticket
- proof that the visitor is a businessman
Qatar business visa fee
The fee for a Qatar business visa depends on the duration of the visa.
72-hour business visa
The fee for 72-hour business visa is QR50.
90-day business visa
The fee for 90 days business visa is QR600.
Qatar business visa extension
There will be an additional fee for a Qatar business visa extension beyond its regular validity period. The extension fee for a 72-hour business visa is QR50 for 72 hours more, while the extension fee for a longer term business visa is QR200 per month.
Qatar business visa application
Qatar business visa application must be requested online or offline by a company representative or its owner. To issue business visa for embassy employees, please follow these steps on the Hukoomi portal:
- fill out the online form, entering all the required information
- attach the following documents:
- clear copy of passport
- copy of valid establishment ID and original
- copy of document that proves the profession
- pay appropriate fees if the application is approved
To issue a Qatar business visa via MOI e-services portal, please follow these steps:
- log in to the portal with your smart card
- select “Visa Services”, then “Issue Visa”, and choose “Business Visa”
- fill out the required information, such as name, birth date and place, passport details, phone number and address
- enter your email address if you want to receive a soft copy of the visa application receipt
- click on “Confirm” and pay the appropriate fees to issue the visa
Please note that it is advised for the user to own a smart card to use the service and have “e-government service” added to the card.
To issue a Qatar business visa offline, please follow these steps:
- make sure the company applying for a business visa is legally registered in Qatar and in good standing
- download and fill out the paper form, then submit it at the Unified Services Centers
- attach the above-mentioned required documents
- pay appropriate fees
Qatar business visa processing time
This service can be obtained at any time, and the approval or visa numbers can be issued immediately, given that their final approval takes three days.