Updated January 2024
Saudi Arabia is a significant player in the world’s oil market. The production of oil and petroleum products plays a significant role in the nation’s economy. Even so, Saudi Arabia has been attempting to diversify its economy in recent years by fostering the growth of new industries like manufacturing, tourism, and technology.
Foreigners who plan to do business in Saudi Arabia are obliged to obtain a business visa. Below, we have gathered all the important information the visa.
Table of Contents
Saudi business visa latest news 2024
Recently, Saudi Arabia has introduced a new business visa aimed at attracting foreign investors and boosting the economy. The “visiting investor” visa, developed in collaboration between the Ministry of Investment and the Kingdom’s Foreign Affairs department, simplifies the process for investors and international companies looking to expand in the country. This initiative aligns with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 plan to diversify the economy away from oil.
Following the launch of the second phase, MISA has taken steps to unveil exceptional investment opportunities across 15 diverse economic sectors in the Kingdom. The conditions for obtaining the visa include a passport validity of at least six months, compliance with bilateral agreements on passport validity, visa fees, and duration, along with the requirement for approved medical insurance in the Kingdom.
Investors must adhere to the intended purpose of their application, along with the Kingdom’s regulations and instructions. Engaging in paid or unpaid work, as well as performing the Hajj pilgrimage without a Hajj visa, are prohibited. The government emphasizes that visa holders should not undertake Umrah during the Hajj season and must follow the specified period of stay.
The “Visiting Investor” visa allows businesspersons to explore Saudi Arabia’s diverse sectors, learn about natural resources, and understand its geographical and cultural significance. The new visa service, facilitated through the “Invest in Saudi Arabia” platform, aims to provide a one-year, multiple-entry visa for investors and foreign establishment employees to explore investment opportunities immediately.
Which countries are eligible for a Saudi business visa?
Below are the nationalities that are eligible to obtain the Saudi business visa:
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Republic Denmark
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Holders of Schengen visas, US visas or UK visas
Saudi business visa requirements
- original passport valid for no less than six (6) months, with at least two (2) successive empty visa pages. It must be a passport with a chip, also called a biometric
- letter of Invitation. It must be issued by Saudi MOFA and addressed to the Saudi consulate you planning to apply through
- a letter from your employer confirming your employment and upcoming trip
- two recent colour photographs were taken against a white background and printed on high-quality photo paper
- a copy of Saudi ID card/copy of Iqama for foreigners
- copies of degrees/certs
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), i.e. resume.
Note: Depending on your situation, some additional documents might be necessary.
How to apply for a Saudi business visa?
- Create an account on the MOFA website for your visa application.
- Fill in your details online on the web page correctly.
- Proceed by paying the visa fees online. Cash mode of payment at the embassy is no longer allowed.
- Download and print the application copy with the MOFA number/reference number.
- Attach your visa documents along with the printout.
- Send this package to the nearest Saudi embassy via a registered agent. The embassy requires that you do not submit them in person and that you assign one of the registered agencies to do it for you.
Saudi business visa validity
The Saudi business visa has two types and validity.
For a single-entry business visa, the maximum validity will be three months, and the maximum duration of stay will be thirty days.
For a multiple-entry business visa, the visa can be issued for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years and will grant a maximum stay of 90 days per trip.
Saudi business visa fees
Single-entry Saudi business visas cost around SAR 807, while multiple-entry Saudi business visas are priced at around SAR 1107.
Saudi business visa processing time
The processing period might vary. However, based on when the application is submitted, the normal processing time for a Saudi business visa can last up to 10 working days.
Saudi business visa benefits
A business visa is the best option for travellers who want to travel for work-related events like meetings and conferences. The permitted activities should be in line with the stated purpose of the visit in your letter of invitation application. You might benefit from the pursuits listed below as a business traveller to Saudi Arabia, depending on your line of work:
- purchase items for sale outside of the country
- participate in business meetings or talks, as well as seminars, trade shows, and conferences
- visit the company’s facilities and plants