Updated July 2023
Home to the holy cities of Islam, Makkah and Madinah, Saudi Arabia has emerged as a sought-after destination for travellers with diverse interests. To accommodate the varying requirements of visitors, the government has introduced a range of visas and permits, such as multiple entry visit visas, that enable tourists to experience the country’s culture and natural charm.
This Wego article provides a comprehensive guide to the different types of multiple-entry visas issued by the government of Saudi Arabia.
Table of Contents
Saudi Arabia multiple-entry visas latest news and updates
The Ministry of Tourism in Saudi Arabia has announced that people holding a tourism visa to the UK, US, and Schengen nations and permanent residents from any EU country will be eligible to receive an instant e-visa to the Gulf nation.
However, there is an exception wherein business or tourism visa holders for the UK, US, or EU country must have visited the respective place before applying for the new visa.
Close family members of those with the mentioned visas will also be allowed entry and can obtain a visa-on-arrival. Furthermore, It’s important to note that this instant e-visa does not permit applicants to perform Haj or Umrah during the pilgrimage season.
Saudi Arabia multiple-entry visas
Whether you’re planning to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for tourism or business, there are various visa options depending on the purpose and duration of your stay. The following visas provide multiple entry validity for the convenience of foreigners wishing to enter Saudi Arabia.
Saudi tourist visa (e-visa)
The Saudi tourist visa, also known as the Saudi e-visa, is an entry authorization document that permits foreign nationals to enter Saudi Arabia for non-essential and non-religious purposes. It is valid for one year and allows for multiple entries, with a maximum stay of 90 days per visit.
The Saudi tourist visa covers various tourism-related activities but does not permit studying or participation in the Hajj season. Additionally, Umrah pilgrims can perform Umrah with a tourist visa.
These are a few requirements in order to apply for a Saudi tourist visa:
- duly filled application form
- passport valid for at least six months
- health insurance must be purchased from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Options for local health insurance providers will appear upon processing your Enjaz form.
- proof of accommodation (hotel, residence, etc.) for the applicant’s duration of stay in Saudi Arabia
- visa fees (SAR 300) and insurance (SAR 140). The amount in SAR is equivalent to $123 dollars. The visa is valid for up to one full year (365 days) with a maximum 90-day duration of stay at one time and multiple entries.
- applicants must be 18+ unless accompanied by a legal guardian
- roundtrip ticket and travel itinerary
- proof of employment
- financial solvency/bank statement
- complete personal information, including the applicant’s home address in the United States
The process of issuing an e-visa typically takes between 5 to 30 minutes. Airlines conduct pre-checks to ensure that passengers meet the visa eligibility criteria before boarding flights to Saudi Arabia.
The visa fees for all visit visas, including e-visa, visa-on-arrival and consulate visa, are SAR 300 (USD 79.98), and the cost of the new comprehensive medical insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment is SAR 180 (USD 47.98), including tax, bringing the total to SAR 480 (USD 127.96).
For more information, please visit our dedicated article below.
Saudi business visa
You will need a Saudi business visa to visit Saudi Arabia for business purposes, such as attending meetings, conferences, or other events. The business visa can be issued as either a single or multiple-entry visa, with different validity periods and stay duration depending on the visa type.
A multiple-entry business visa allows for more extended stays than a single-entry business visa and can be issued for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, or 5 years. The maximum stay per trip with a multiple-entry visa is 90 days.
- The original passport is valid for no less than 6 months, with at least 2 successive empty visa pages.
- To complete your online application and make a visa payment
- Following supporting documentation should be provided:
- Electronic invitation letter from a Saudi company
- Employment verification letter by the applicant’s U.S. employer addressed to the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Washington D.C. confirming the applicant’s position and citing “business” as the purpose of travel on behalf of the company
- Copy of the company’s business registration in Saudi Arabia and in the U.S
- Additional documents may be requested if needed.
- For non-U.S. citizens, a copy of a green card or document confirming legal residence in the U.S.
The cost of a business visa for Saudi with a validity for up to 1 year from the date of issue and allows for single or multiple entries is SR. 807 (USD 215.14)
The cost of a business visa for Saudi with a validity of more than 1 year and up to 5 years from the date of issue that allows multiple entries is SR 1107 (USD 295.12)
For more information, please visit our dedicated article below.
Saudi personal visit visa
The Saudi personal visit visa is a visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to allow foreign nationals to enter the country via an invitation from their Saudi friends or acquaintances. The Saudi personal visit visa will be valid for 90 or 365 days from issuance, with a stay length of up to 90 days on single or multiple entries.
With the Saudi personal visit visa, holders may:
- freely visit the country
- travel across the Kingdom
- visit the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah and other religious sites
- perform Umrah
- take part in cultural events
- the original passport is valid for no less than 6 months, with at least 2 successive empty visa pages.
- complete your online application and make a visa payment
- a visa referral note: indicating the number and date of visa issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs or either of its branches in Jeddah or Dammam.
- minors (under 18 years) travelling alone or with one parent must submit a notarized letter in Arabic or English signed by a parent or a legal guardian.
- for non-U.S. citizens, a copy of a green card or document confirming legal residence in the U.S.
According to the Saudi government’s official website, applicants will be charged SAR 200 (USD 53.32) to obtain a personal visit visa. For more information, please visit our dedicated article below.
Saudi family visit visa
The family visit visa is a legal document provided by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) that allows beneficiaries to apply for visitation requests for their first-degree relatives, such as parents, spouses, and children.
The Saudi family visit visa can be issued as either a single-entry or multiple-entry visa, with varying validity periods and duration depending on the visa type. The multiple-entry visit visa is valid for 90 days and allows up to four re-entries.
Only a legal Saudi resident or citizen who is an Iqama holder can apply for the MoFA family visit visa on behalf of the visitor. For this, the Iqama should be valid for at least 4 months.
The Iqama holder has to initiate the MoFA family visit visa application process in Saudi Arabia. Please note that the Iqama holder’s dependents cannot use their own Iqamas to apply for the visit visa application.
The following documents are required to apply for the MOFA family visit visa:
- fill out the e-form that is available on the page e-visas services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. After that, seal and validate it electronically from the Chamber of Commerce or from the employer.
- enter all the required information in Arabic except the names of the applicants who are from non-Arab countries. The entered names should be identical to the ones written in their passports.
- the residence permit should be valid for residents.
- the applicant must be a first-degree relative.
- for residents, the applicant must hold a work visa, and he or she should not be an accompanying person.
The cost of a MoFA Saudi multiple-entry family visit visa is fixed at SAR 200. For more information, please visit our dedicated article below.
Saudi Arabia multiple-entry visas for Umrah
During the 1445 AH Umrah season, the kingdom introduced various promotions to facilitate the pilgrimage experience for the pilgrims. The Ministry provided an array of choices, including transit visit visas, family visit visas, personal visit visas, and visas on arrival.
— Ministry of Hajj and Umrah (@MoHU_En) July 19, 2023