This article is reviewed regularly by Wego‘s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed February 2024
Technology advancement has allowed Saudi Arabia to improve its healthcare facilities with such rapid progress. Its advancement in the medical field draws foreigners to travel to Saudi Arabia for medical treatments not available in their home countries. To accommodate these travellers, the Saudi government offers a visa option for visitors who seek medical treatments inside the Kingdom.
Read on as Wego lays out everything you need to know about the Saudi medical visa.
Table of Contents
What is Saudi medical visa?
A Saudi medical visa is a visa which allows foreigners to get medical treatment in Saudi Arabia. Currently, the visa can only be applied by the Saudi medical organizations that are responsible for taking care of visitors in Saudi.
Saudi medical visa requirements
The applicants should simply prepare all the information required in the form given when they apply for the visa, which includes the data of the medical organizations and the identity of the visitors who are going to receive treatments.
- All the data entered must be in Arabic unless the visitors are not Arab nationals. In that case, the visitors’ names should match their passports.
- If the applicants are Saudi private hospitals, they must get a support letter from Health Affairs.
Saudi medical visa application process
Applicants can apply for this visa online. The steps are very simple and straightforward:
- Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website
- Choose “Service for Business and Entities”
- Choose “Medical Visa Application”
- Fill in all the information
- Follow the rest of the instructions from the website
Saudi medical visa fee
Saudi medical visa application costs SR 200 for each registered visitor. For more details about the fees, applicants can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Saudi medical visa processing time
It takes up to 3 business days to issue a Saudi medical visa. The processing time might be longer if there are exceptional cases.
Saudi medical visa validity
There hasn’t been any official announcement yet regarding the validity of a Saudi medical visa. Generally, a Saudi visit visa is valid for up to one year.
Saudi medical visa contacts & customer support
- Telephone: (+966) 920011114
- Mail: [email protected]
- Customer Support Hours: 8 AM – 4 PM