This article has been reviewed and fact-checked by Wego’s editorial team.

Since its establishment, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Centre (SZGMC) has consistently promoted a message of cultural tolerance and global dialogue. In 2023, the Centre experienced a notable 70 percent rise in visitors compared to the previous year, as reported by Wego. Beyond its role in religious worship, the mosque serves as a central hub for fostering cross-cultural understanding.


In 2023, the mosque welcomed an impressive total of 5,501,420 visitors, of which 1,409,947 were worshippers. Individual visitors made up 74 percent of the mosque’s total guests, while group visits accounted for the remaining 26 percent. Official delegations from various sectors, including government and educational institutions, embassies, private sector entities, and hotels, contributed to 20,172 visitors.

Tourist companies facilitated 1,012,500 visits through 54,555 bookings, offering delegations a chance to experience the mosque’s message of tolerance, cultural exchange, and distinctive Islamic architecture.

The age group of 25 to 35 years represented the largest share of visitors from various countries, comprising 34 percent of the total. Significantly, 81 percent of the mosque’s guests were international visitors, underscoring its global tourism appeal and its pivotal role in promoting values of tolerance and coexistence among diverse cultures.

Geographically, Asia accounted for the highest proportion of visitors at 52 percent, followed by Europe at 33 percent and North America at 8 percent. Smaller percentages hailed from Africa, South America, and Australia. The top nationalities visiting the mosque included India at 23 percent, China at 8 percent, and Russia at 7 percent.

To further enrich the visitor experience, the centre conducted 5,538 cultural tours, serving over 73,000 visitors through public, private, and specialized tours. This initiative underscores the centre’s commitment to promoting understanding and appreciation of Islamic culture and values.