Reviewed October 2023
It is now possible for travellers from Gulf nations, including Saudi Arabia, to visit the UK without needing a visa, provided that they are in possession of an electronic visa waiver document instead of a standard visa. The UK electronic visa waiver is a fast and digital alternative to a regular visa, allowing visitors from Saudi Arabia to enter the UK easily.
Keep reading to find out more about the UK electronic visa waiver for citizens of Saudi Arabia, its application process, price, requirements and more.
Table of Contents
UK visa waiver for Saudi Arabia
The United Kingdom electronic visa waiver (EVW) is a fast, digital alternative to the regular visit visa, which allows eligible visitors to visit the UK without the need for a visa. It ensures that all necessary security checks are carried out in advance of travel.
In addition to the EVW, all travellers from Saudi Arabia will require the UK Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) for entry. The ETA is not a visa, and Saudi travellers will maintain their EVW eligibility but will need an ETA to cross the UK border. Citizens of Saudi Arabia will need an ETA to travel to the UK on or after 22 February 2024, and they can apply for the same from 1 February 2024.
Check out our article below to learn all about the UK ETA:
An EVW lets you visit the UK for up to 6 months for:
- medical treatment
The EVW is for a single entry, so you will need a new one every time you visit the UK. An EVW cannot be used to:
- get married or enter into a civil partnership in the UK
Check out our article below to learn all about the UK electronic visa waiver:
UK visa waiver for Saudi Arabia requirements
Residents of the KSA visiting the UK must complete the form at least 48 hours before their trip. To start the UK visa waiver online application form, the following documents will be required:
- the current passport
- an address in the UK where the visitor will be staying
- details of the visitor’s journey to and from the UK (including departure and arrival dates and times)
UK visa waiver for Saudi Arabia online application
The UK electronic visa waiver can be applied online without the need to visit an embassy by simply filling out the online application form. Please note that you need to provide accurate information on your EVW application form, as you risk not being able to travel to the UK if the details on your EVW are incorrect.
To apply for the EVW, follow the steps given below:
- open the UK visa waiver online application form
- fill in all the required details, including your nationality, passport details, address, and journey details in the form
- pay a non-refundable fee of GBP 30 (SAR 138) for the electronic visa waiver, payable by debit or credit card
You will get an email within 24 hours with a link to download your EVW. Make sure to show your EVW when you travel to the UK. You can print it or show it on an electronic device, such as a phone or tablet.
Please note that you can also save your UK visa waiver application form and fill it up later.
When to apply for the UK visa waiver?
All travellers from eligible countries will need to apply for the EVW between 3 months and 48 hours before they travel.
How to update details on the UK visa waiver?
You can update your EVW after you have received it by following the steps given below:
- click on the find your application link from the official online portal
- log in with your EVW number and date of birth
- change and update your details accordingly
Please note that you must change your travel details on your EVW if you:
- decide to travel at a different time
- leave from or arrive at a different airport, port or train station than planned
- arrive in the UK more than 8 hours later than planned
UK visa waiver for Saudi Arabia fee
A non-refundable fee of GBP 30 (SAR 138) has to be paid for the UK electronic visa waiver.