Updated 31 May 2022
Travellers from 69 countries looking to visit Bahrain temporarily can now apply for Bahrain’s ‘Visa on Arrival’ facility hassle-free.
Read further to know more about the list of countries, their validity, visa requirements, extension and more.
Bahrain Visa on Arrival 2022 countries list
GCC nationals (Kuwait, Oman, UAE and Saudi Arabia) travelling to Bahrain will not require a visa to enter. Visitors to Bahrain who have been residing in a GCC country for a minimum of 3 months, and who possess a return visa for the country of GCC residency can also enter the Kingdom of Bahrain. Qatar citizens can obtain the entry visa online via Bahrain eVisa portal.
If you are a citizen of the countries below, you are eligible to apply for Bahrain’s Visa on Arrival (VoA):
- Czech Republic
- Falkland Islands
- French Guyana
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Hong Kong
- India (conditions apply)
- South Korea
- United States
- New Zealand
Bahrain Visa on Arrival requirements
Eligible applicants for the Visa on Arrival will receive either a 14-day or 30-day visa, which can be extended if applied at the Nationality, Passport, and Residence Affairs (NPRA) Department in Bahrain’s Ministry of Interior. The visa is issued on arrival at any entry point in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Before applying for a visa on arrival (eVisa) online travellers must ensure that they can support themselves (and any dependents) during their visit. Taking up any paid or unpaid employment while on a tourist visa in Bahrain is illegal. Foreigners will need a sponsored work visa (from their employer) and a work permit to work in Bahrain.
- Travellers passport should be valid for 6 months from arrival in Bahrain.
- A scanned copy of the passport cover page
- Return airline tickets
- Proof of accommodation or copy of hotel reservation.
- If staying with a relative, the applicant will need to provide a copy of their relative’s CPR Reader printout.
Bahrain Visa on Arrival application process
Bahrain currently issues two types of on-arrival visas:
Single-entry visit visa:
The single-entry visit visa is issued on arrival in Bahrain to eligible visitors, provided their entry does not violate the security and national welfare of the Kingdom of Bahrain. This visa can be used only once for a single entry, and the length of stay allowed is 2 weeks and can be longer in the case of some nationalities. This visa is also extendable in Bahrain on payment of a certain fee.
Multiple-entry visit visa:
The multiple-entry visit visa is issued to eligible visitors on arrival at any entry point for the Kingdom of Bahrain, provided their entry does not violate the security and national welfare of the Kingdom of Bahrain. This visa can be used for multiple entries to Bahrain, and the length of stay allowed isup to 1 month. However, this visa is also extendable on payment of a certain fee.
Travellers eligible for a Visa on Arrival can apply in advance for an eVisa online by themselves . To apply for the eVisa for Bahrain, travellers will need to follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Complete the online application form with all the required details such as nationality, passport number, personal information, etc.
- Attach all required documents in either JPG or PDF format.
- Use a credit or debit card for online payment of the Bahrain eVisa fee; the amount paid is non-refundable.
- Upon payment of the required fee, the applicant will receive a reference number, which can be used to check on the status of the application.
- Once the Bahrain visa is approved, the applicant will receive their visa via e-mail, which can be printed out and used to travel to Bahrain.
Travellers who are not eligible for a Visa on Arrival or an online visa or those who want to stay in Bahrain for more than 30 days will have to apply for a Bahrain visa at an Embassy. A Bahrain visa obtained via an embassy can be used for multiple entries into the Kingdom.
Please note that you will need a stable working internet connection to have a seamless process for your Bahrain eVisa application. If your internet connection is unstable, an error message will be prompted for security reasons.
Can you get Bahrain Visa on Arrival at King Fahd causeway?
Only Saudi family visit visa holders and Saudi Iqama holders are eligible for Bahrain Visa on Arrival to travel via King Fahd causeway.
Bahrain Visa on Arrival cost
A two-week Visa on Arrival in Bahrain is BD 25, while a 30-day Visa on arrival will cost around BD 30. If you are applying for an online eVisa, the total fee charged will be BD 29 (BD 4: for processing the visa application; BD 25: for the actual visa).
Bahrain Visa on Arrival validity
The validity of the visa depends on its type. The Government of Bahrain issues visas with several durations:
- A single-entry Visa on Arrival can be used only once, and the length of stay allowed is 2 weeks (or longer for some nationalities).
- A multiple-entry Visa on Arrival can be used for multiple entries, and the length of stay allowed is 1 month in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- A single-entry Bahrain eVisa is valid for 1 month but needs to be used within 30 days after approval. The multiple-entry Bahrain eVisa is valid for 3 months, but you cannot stay any longer than 30 days.
Bahrain Visa on Arrival extension
You can extend your Visa on Arrival at the Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs office (NPRA) of the Ministry of Interior. You can extend your stay anywhere between two weeks to a month on payment of a certain visa extension fee.
Bahrain Visa on Arrival processing time
The processing time of the eVisa is usually between 3 and 5 working days. The visa is sent to the registered email of the visa applicant. In some cases, it might take longer than previously stated; you can contact the eServices section in NPRA at +973 17399777 or email them at [email protected] for further queries.