Updated 3 October 2022
Over the years, the UAE tourism authorities have taken numerous initiatives to promote the travel and tourism industry in the region. The new five-year multiple-entry tourist visa launched by the UAE, coming into effect today from 3 October 2022, is one such step to ensure the quality of tourism services.
Those who regularly travel to the UAE to visit family, relatives and friends can enter the UAE without the hassle of applying for a visa extension each time.
What is a 5-year UAE multi-entry visa?
The UAE’s five-year multiple-entry tourist visa lets tourists enter the country multiple times over five years on self-sponsorship.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has opened the application process for all nationalities who wish to apply for a multiple-entry visa. Tourists can remain in the country for 90 days on each visit. Visitors can use this tourist visa to transit through any airport or port of entry in the UAE.
How long is the validity period of the UAE multi-entry visa?
Visitors will receive the UAE multiple-entry visa for five years; however, the stay period in the country shall not exceed 180 consecutive days in one year. The e-visa is only valid for 60 days from the date of issue; hence the applicant has to travel to UAE within 60 days to validate the e-visa.
How do I apply for a 5-year UAE multi-entry visa?
Tourists who wish to apply for the UAE five-year multiple-entry visa from immigration departments in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Al Ain and the Al Dhafra (Western region) can do so on the ICA website. Please note that the GDRFA will authorize the five-year multiple-entry tourist visas issued by Dubai.
- Upload the required application information such as your name, service beneficiary details, address inside the UAE, and address outside the UAE.
- Attach your passport copy, photograph, medical insurance, bank statement and any other required documents.
- Review your application.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Visa applications will be processed online, and you will receive your five-year multiple-entry tourist visa via your registered email.
What are the required documents?
Interested applicants can apply directly on the ICA or GDRFA website. You need to ensure that the data you provide in your visa application is correct while filling in all required fields; this includes your current contact number, email, addresses, profession, bank statements etc.
Here are the primary requirements set by the UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship to apply for a five-year multiple-entry tourist visa:
- Proof of having a bank balance of $4,000 (AED 14,692) or its equivalent in foreign currencies during the last six (6) months prior to submitting the application.
- Ticket to and from the country.
- Proof of place of residence/ hotel.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Photocopies of the front and last page of their passport.
- Recent coloured passport-sized photographs taken against a white background.
What is the fee for the 5-year UAE multi-entry visa?
The fees breakdown for the 5-year UAE multi-entry visa is as follows:
Request fee: AED 100
issue fee: AED 500
Security deposit: AED 3,025
E-service fee: AED 28
ICA fee: AED 22
How long is the processing time for the UAE multi-entry visa?
With an average of 2,000 tourist visa applications received by the UAE authorities every day, the processing time for the visa takes around 5 – 6 working days. If you have applied through the ICA portal, you can track your visa status online by simply entering the request number and email address (used while registering).
Is the 5-year UAE multi-entry visa extendable?
If a person wishes to extend the annual stay in the country for more than 90 days and a period not exceeding 180 days, he can submit a request to extend while still in the UAE.
What can I do in case of UAE multi-entry visa rejection?
It is up to the discretion of the immigration authority to award the visa to the applicant or not. In case your 5-year tourist visa Application visa gets rejected, you will get an intimation stating why your application is being rejected. The most common reasons for visa rejections are:
- Female visitors aged less than 25 years who are travelling alone.
- Applicants who have a former criminal background for misconduct or fraud in the UAE or their country.
- Visitors whose passports hold an unskilled profession (such as labourer and farmer).