This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated February 2024
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has emerged as a pioneering nation committed to ensuring the safety of its borders. As part of its comprehensive approach to border control, the KSA has implemented an advanced system of border number checks that plays a crucial role in safeguarding the nation’s security and regulating immigration processes.
In this article, Wego has provided you with detailed instructions on how to check your unique border number. Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
Border number in Saudi Arabia
A border number is an exclusive identification code assigned to expatriates who enter Saudi Arabia on a new visa. Comprising ten digits, the border number plays a pivotal role in monitoring visa status and providing essential information. Thanks to the advent of the Absher online portal, checking your border number has become a hassle-free endeavor, eliminating the need to log in and enhancing convenience and accessibility in the process.
Border number check
To find out your Saudi border number online, you can follow these simple steps:
- visit the Absher website
- choose “Individuals”
- select “English” to switch the language to English
- on the homepage, select the “Query Border Number” option
- choose one of the two options: “GCC Citizen” (for citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries) or “Non-GCC Citizen” (for citizens of other countries)
- enter your visa number in the appropriate field
- choose the “Visa Issue Date” using either the Hijri or Gregorian calendar (The visa number and visa issue date can be found on the visa page of your passport or within the visa document)
- enter the image code displayed on the screen
- click on the “Inquire” button
Upon following these steps, the subsequent page will showcase your displayed border number.
Border number not found
If you encounter difficulty in locating your border number through online means, it could indicate a potential error in entering your visa number or issue date. To address this, we recommend making a careful attempt to enter accurate information once more.
Should you still be unable to find your border number, we advise reporting to the General Directorate of Passports. They will assist you in obtaining the necessary border number.
Border number Iqama check
To obtain information about the issuance status of your Iqama, you can utilize your Border Number. Follow these straightforward steps to access the desired information:
- visit the Ministry of Labor website (MOL KSA)
- the website will initially be displayed in Arabic, but you can switch the language to English or Urdu using the top menu
- input your ten-digit border number into the first field. Then, proceed to the “Date of Birth” section and choose your birth date from either the Hijri or Gregorian calendar
- enter the verification code provided and click the “Next” button
After entering your border number, the system will quickly display the status of your Iqama issuance. For additional methods to check your Iqama status, kindly refer to our dedicated article linked below.
Border number in visa
The border number is a distinct 10-digit code that is not printed on your visa. It is specifically assigned to expatriates who enter Saudi Arabia on a new visa.