Updated August 2023
The UAE has become a popular destination for international investors searching for profitable prospects. Among the various incentives the country provides to entice foreign investors, the Investor Property Visa stands out as a highly desirable initiative. This visa program offers an exclusive opportunity for both current and aspiring investors interested in investing in the real estate sector of the UAE while also gaining long-term residency advantages.
Continue reading as Wego explores the requirements, benefits, and procedures of acquiring a UAE Investor Property Visa.
Table of Contents
What is the Investor Property Visa?
The Investor Property Visa is a special visa program offered by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to attract foreign investors interested in the country’s real estate market. It grants property-owning investors a two-year residency visa, enabling them to reside in the country without relying on a sponsor. Furthermore, this visa enables investors to bring their families along during their stay.
Investor Property Visa requirements
Individuals must meet specific UAE property ownership criteria to qualify for the Investor Property Visa. Here are the essential requirements:
- Own a property in the UAE with a minimum value of AED 750,000.
- If the property is mortgaged, provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the bank or developer, along with the property mortgage statement.
- If the property is completed and not under construction, provide proof of payment for at least 50 percent of the entire property value, which should be at least Dh375,000.
- If the property is jointly owned by a husband and wife, both parties must hold an equal share. In case of unequal ownership, the primary visa holder will have the highest share and sponsor their spouse.
Further, applicants must submit the following documents to fulfill the visa application process:
- Title deed issued for the property in Dubai, stating a minimum property value of AED 750,000. Note that title deeds issued for properties in other emirates or by the Dubai International Financial Courts Authority (DIFCA) will not be accepted.
- Copy of the initial sale certificate if the property is mortgaged by the developer.
- NOC from the bank if the property is mortgaged.
- Attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legally translated marriage certificate in Arabic for spouses with joint property ownership.
- Passport copy with a validity of more than six months.
- Copy of the current UAE visa (residence visa, tourist visa, or visa-on-arrival permit).
- Emirates ID (for current residents).
- Passport photo following the requirements set by the UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP).
- Valid health insurance from a UAE-based company.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Dubai Police, addressed to the Dubai Land Department (DLD).
- An identity card from the applicant’s home country (if applicable).
Investor Property Visa application process
There are two available options when it comes to applying for Dubai’s Investor property visa.
Visiting the DLD Cube reception
The DLD Cube reception is conveniently located on the ground floor of DLD’s official headquarters at Baniyas Road, Rigga Al Buteen, Deira.
The reception operates from Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 3 pm, and on Fridays, from 8 am to 11 am.
To secure your visa using this choice:
- Ensure all the required documents are in order and visit the DLD Cube reception during operational hours.
- Upon arrival, a dedicated customer service agent will be available to assist you in verifying your documents and completing the necessary sections of the visa application.
- Once you have filled out the visa application, the customer service agent will guide you to the designated counter to pay the required fees and officially submit the application.
Once the application is submitted, applicants can expect to receive notifications regarding their medical fitness test and fingerprint scanning appointment for the residency permit and Emirates ID. Additionally, a reference number will be sent via email and SMS to help applicants conveniently track the progress of their application.
Filling out the application online
Simply follow the steps outlined below to apply for the visa:
- Visit the DLD Cube website and click ‘Our Services’ from the menu tab on the homepage. Choose the ‘Property Investor Visa For 2 Years’ category.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Fill in the application form with the required details, including your full name (as per your passport), email address, mobile number, WhatsApp number (for OTP verification), UAE address (for Emirates ID delivery), passport details, nationality, gender, and date of birth.
- Select the medical center for the UAE residency visa health screening.
- Upload the necessary documents
- Click the ‘Submit Request’ button and enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number to confirm the application.
- After submitting the request, DLD Cube will verify the application details, and you will receive a notification to visit the DLD Cube reception and pay for the investor visa.
Upon successfully completing the medical fitness test and fingerprint scanning, you will receive a notification regarding your appointment to obtain the residency permit and Emirates ID. A unique reference number will be forwarded to you via email and SMS, allowing you to conveniently track the progress of your application.
Investor Property Visa cost
The total cost of obtaining a two-year Investor Property Visa is AED 9,958. This all-inclusive fee encompasses all charges related to completing the visa application, undergoing the required medical fitness test, and obtaining an Emirates ID. In case of visa renewal, applicants must pay a fee of Dh7,808. Applicants can choose between bank transfers, credit card payments, or paying in cash.
Investor Property Visa processing time
As per information provided by the DLD call center at 800 4488, the complete application process typically spans a period of seven to ten days.
Investor Property Visa application tracking
If you want to monitor the progress of your visa application, follow these procedures:
- Visit the DLD Cube website
- Provide either your email address or mobile number.
- Enter the quote number, which serves as the tracking number, received from DLD Cube during the application submission.
- Complete the captcha code verification and click ‘Submit.’
Once completed, you will receive information regarding the current status of your application.