This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 10 May 2022
Following the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions in the Gulf state, the Residence Affairs Department of Kuwait has now announced the resumption of the Kuwait family visit visas for expats from 8 May 2022. The Kuwait family visit visa allows the immediate family members and other relatives who reside in other countries to visit their family members living in Kuwait.
Keep reading to know more about the Kuwait family visit visa, its price, minimum salary, documents required, application process and more.
Kuwait family visit visa 2022 news and update
After being suspended for more than two years due to the pandemic, the Residence Affairs Department of Kuwait recently announced that Kuwait family visit visas for expats have been open from 8 May 2022.
Previously, visas were only limited to dependents and those for trade and tourism. However, after the recent Cabinet decrees lifting all coronavirus restrictions, the Residency Affairs Departments will additionally handle family visit transactions from expatriates.
The re-issuance of family visit visas will be conducted in line with previous regulations including the expatriate family head’s salary, nationality, security verification, and more.
Kuwait family visit visa 2022 rules
The Kuwait family visit visa can be issued to the immediate family members and other relatives who reside in other countries and wish to visit their family members living in Kuwait. This type of visa has no eligibility criteria. As long as the traveller has proof of relationship, they can visit the Gulf state with their Kuwait Visit Visa.
Kuwait family visit visa requirements
Here are some of the documents required to be submitted for the issuance of the Kuwait family visit visa:
- Required visit application.
- Copy of the visitor’s passport valid for 6 months or more, after applying.
- One passport-sized photo (recently taken + white background).
- Proof of kinship. Please note that certificates issued from the Embassy Department are not counted.
- Recent salary certificate for the foreign provider/sponsor if they are working in the Government Sector or from the computer.
- Original and copy of the civil ID of the sponsor (or the family who resides in Kuwait)
Kuwait family visit visa minimum salary
According to some sources, a Kuwaiti resident wishing to sponsor their family to Kuwait while applying for the Kuwait family visit visa, must have a minimum salary of 450 Kuwaiti Dinar ($1,467.08) per month.
Kuwait family visit visa validity
The validity period of a Kuwait family visit visa or the Kuwait visit visa, in general, is 90 days (3 months). Visitors are allowed a stay of 30 days in the country, after entry.
How to apply for the Kuwait family visit visa?
To apply for the Kuwait family visit visa, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the nearest Kuwait Embassy in your country and submit the required documents mentioned above for a family visit visa.
- Fill in the Visa Application Form.
- Pay the due visa fee. The Kuwait family visit visa application costs 3KD ($9.78).
Please note that if you are a Kuwaiti citizen, visit the General Department of Immigration in any governorate and submit the required documents. However, in case you are a non-Kuwaiti resident, visit the General Department of Immigration in the governorate you refer to and submit the required documents.
What is the Kuwait family visit visa price?
The price of a Kuwait family visit visa is 3KD ($9.78).