Updated October 2023
When planning a trip to Oman, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with the visa regulations. Oman has specific visa rules that apply to all visitors entering the country. Having knowledge of these guidelines in advance can help streamline the visa application process and ensure smooth travel.
Keep reading to learn about the costs associated with obtaining an Oman visa.
Table of Contents
Oman visa price 2023
There are various visa options to enter Oman, with separate charges for each type of visa depending on the duration of stay and the number of entries permitted. The visa costs listed below are accurate at the time of writing. However, it is essential to remember that these fees may fluctuate over time.
Here are the prices of different Omani visas.
Resident sponsored visas
These visas are intended for non-citizens who have a sponsor in Oman, which can be an employer, family member, or partner. The cost of the visa varies based on its category and validity duration, ranging from OMR 20 to OMR 100. Here are some common visa types:
- housemaid visa: The fee for this visa is OMR 20, and it is valid for a stay of 2 years. The payment should be made at the Ministry of Power.
- employment visa: The fees for an employment visa can range from free to OMR 20, depending on the specific circumstances. This visa allows for a stay of 2 years.
- relative joining visa: The fees for a relative joining visa can range from free to OMR 100, depending on the duration of stay, which can be between 2 and 10 years.
- student visa: The cost of a student visa is OMR 20, and it allows for a stay of 3 months to 2 years.
Resident unsponsored visa
This particular visa is intended for individuals who do not have a sponsor in Oman but satisfy specific requirements, including being retired, owning property, or possessing a valid GCC residence permit. The property owner visa can be obtained for OMR 50 with permission to stay up to 2 years.
Visit sponsored visa
Foreigners who have a sponsor in Oman, such as acquaintances, family members, or companies, can apply for these visas. The cost of the visas varies depending on the type and duration, ranging from OMR 5 to OMR 50. Here are some common visa types:
- family visit visa: The fee for a family visit visa is OMR 20. It allows for a stay of 1 week to 3 months.
- tourist visa: The fees for a tourist visa range from OMR 5 to OMR 20. The visa is valid for a stay of 10 to 30 days.
- multi-entry visit visa (sponsored): The fee for a multi-entry visit visa is OMR 50. It is valid for 6 months to 1 year and allows for an extended stay of 3 months.
Visit unsponsored visa
These are visas designed for foreigners who do not have a sponsor in Oman but are eligible to apply online or upon arrival. The visa fees vary depending on the type and duration, ranging from OMR 5 to OMR 50. Here are some common visa types:
- visit visa multi-entry: The fee for a visit visa multi-entry is OMR 50. It is valid for 1 year and allows for a stay of 30 days for each visit.
- GCC resident visa: The fee for a GCC resident visa is OMR 5, allowing for a stay of 28 days.
- multi-entry visa: The fee for a multi-entry visa is OMR 50. It has a validity of 10 years and allows for a stay of up to 6 months per visit.
- tourist visit visa: The fees for a tourist visit visa range from OMR 5 to OMR 20, depending on the duration. It is valid for 1 month and allows for a stay of 10 to 30 days.
Please be aware that the visa prices mentioned are subject to change. To get the latest information about visa fees for 2023, refer to the Royal Oman Police’s Electronic Visa System official website.