This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 9 May 2022
Possessing a valid visa document is an important prerequisite for all foreign nationals travelling to Qatar. There are several types of visas issued by the Ministry of Interior in Qatar differing in their validity period.
Keep reading to know all about the validity period of different Qatari visas, and how to check and extend the validity period of Qatari visas.
Qatar visa check online 2022
Currently, there are two ways of checking the validity of your Qatar visa. You can check the status of your Qatar visa application online through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) or the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC) website. In both cases, you will require your passport number and/or visa number.
Qatar visa check MOI (by passport or visa number)
For all Qatar visa holders
You can either use your visa number or passport number to track your status of visa application or verify the status of your Qatar e-visa. So, please prepare both or either one document to be sure.
To check the status of your Qatar visa application through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website, follow the steps given below:
- visit the MoI website (Ministry of Interior)
- select ‘Visa Services’
- select ‘Visa Inquiry & Printing’
- you can choose to check using your visa number or passport number
- select your nationality and input the verification code
- click on ‘Submit’, and you will be able to check the status of your visa
If you want a hard copy of the visa status, click on “Print.”
If your visa is deemed invalid, you may want to check the following:
- ensure that your visa has been issued
- ensure the authenticity of your visa
- ensure you did not receive duplicate visas
- ensure your travel agency properly processed your Qatar visa
Qatar visa check QVC (by passport and visa number)
For travellers from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and the Philippines
It is also possible to check the status of your Qatar visa application through the Qatar visa centre (QVC) website. However, please note that this service is only available to applicants from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and the Philippines.
To start the visa checking process, please follow the steps given below:
- visit the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC) website
- select your preferred language and your country of origin
- click on ‘Track Application’
- fill in all the required details including your visa and passport number
- enter the ‘Captcha’ accurately
- click on ‘Submit’ to view the status of your visa application
Qatar visa validity period
Qatar offers numerous types of visas for those looking to enter the country, such as tourist visa, business visa, work visa, family visit visa, GCC resident visa, transit visa and more.
The validity of these visas is as follows:
- Tourist visa: The Qatar Tourist visa is valid for a period of three months, and allows a person to stay for a period of 30 days on a single trip.
- 72-hour business visa: The 72-hour business visa is issued on arrival, and is extendable for a further period of 72 hours. The visa suits those who wish to visit the country on short-term business trips.
- Business visa: The Qatar business visa is valid for a maximum period of three months.
- Work visa: Qatar work visa is arranged by the employers and isvalid for a period of one to three months.
- Family visit visa: The original validity of the Qatar family visit visa is one month. However, the validity can be extended up to a period of six months for immediate family members (wife, children, parents), and up to a period of three months for other relatives.
- GCC resident visa: GCC residents visa to Qatar is a single entry visa valid for one month. However, it can be extended for an additional three months.
- Transit visa: The Qatar Transit visa has an entry validity of 96 hours in Qatar, and entry into Qatar with the approved transit visa must be done within 30 days from the date of issuance.
Apart from this Qatar also offers electronic visa or e-visa for tourists to visit the Gulf state. The validity of an e-visa for tourism purposes is a maximum of 30 days.
Qatar visa validity extension
Travellers holding valid Qatar visas extending to tourism, business, or others may extend their visas online through the Ministry of Interior online website. Alternatively, embassies and authorized persons may also issue the extension on behalf of the traveller.
To extend your Qatar visit visa online, please follow the following steps:
- log in with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI
- click on ‘Visa Services’ then ‘Visit Visa Extension’
- fill out the required information (passport or visa number)
- select your nationality
- enter the correct captcha code and click ‘Extend’
- select the required extension period
- pay the appropriate fees
Qatar visa extension fee
The extension fee for Qatar visas is QR 200 per month.