This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Reviewed October 2023
Possessing a valid visa document is an important prerequisite for all foreign nationals travelling to Qatar. There are several types of visas issued by the Ministry of Interior in Qatar, differing in their validity period.
Keep reading to know all about the validity period of different Qatari visas and how to check and extend the validity period of Qatari visas.
Table of Contents
Qatar visa check online 2023
Currently, there are two ways of checking the validity of your Qatar visa. You can check the status of your Qatar visa application online through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website or the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC) website. In both cases, you will require your passport number and/or visa number.
Qatar visa check online 2023 by passport number
Visa inquiry and printing through MoI
You can either use your visa number or passport number to track your status of visa application or verify the status of your Qatar e-visa. So, please prepare both or one document to be sure.
To check the status of your Qatar visa application through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the MoI website (Ministry of Interior)
- Select ‘Visa Services’
- Select ‘Visa Inquiry & Printing’
- You can choose to check using your visa number or passport number
- Select your nationality and input the verification code
- Click on ‘Submit’, and you will be able to check the status of your visa
If you want a hard copy of the visa status, click on “Print.”
If your visa is deemed invalid, you may want to check the following:
- ensure that your visa has been issued
- ensure the authenticity of your visa
- ensure you did not receive duplicate visas
- ensure your travel agency properly processed your Qatar visa
Qatar visa approval status check
You can check the approval status of your Qatar visa at the MOI website with these steps:
- Visit the MOI website
- Click on ‘Visa Services’
- Click on ‘Visa Approval Tracking’
- Input your visa application number
- Enter either your application date or the person in charge/sponsor’s QID (Qatar Identification Document)
- Input the verification code
- Click ‘submit,’ and you will be able to check the status of your visa approval
Qatar visa check – Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and the Philippines passports
It is also possible to check the status of your Qatar visa application through the Qatar visa centre (QVC) website. However, please note that this service is only available to applicants from Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and the Philippines.
To start the visa-checking process, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Qatar Visa Centre (QVC) website
- Select your preferred language and your country of origin
- Click on ‘Track Application’
- Fill in all the required details including your visa and passport number
- Enter the ‘Captcha’ accurately
- Click on ‘Submit’ to view the status of your visa application
Qatar visa validity extension
Travellers holding valid Qatar visas extending to tourism, business, or others may extend their visas online through the Ministry of Interior online website. Alternatively, embassies and authorized persons may also issue the extension on behalf of the traveller.
To extend your Qatar visit visa online, please follow the following steps:
- Log in with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI
- Click on ‘Visa Services’ then ‘Visit Visa Extension’
- Fill out the required information (passport or visa number)
- Select your nationality
- Enter the correct captcha code and click ‘Extend’
- Select the required extension period
- Pay the corresponding fees
Qatar visa check meaning
- Valid To Use – The visa has been issued; You can print it and use it for travel.
- Ready To Print – The visa has been approved; The sponsor has to pay the visa fee directly through the MOI website or the Metrash mobile app.
- Used Inside Country – The visa has already been used for travel.
- Transferred To Resident – The entry visa has been converted to a residence permit.
- Under Outside Process –The employment contract or other documents are not yet finalised.
- Under Process – The visa application is under processing.
- Rejected – The visa application has been rejected.
- Visa Expired – The visa validity has expired.
- Cancelled – The visa has been cancelled.
- Sorry, Requested Visa Not Found – The visa is not processed yet, or the entered information is wrong.
Qatar visa extension fee
The extension fee for Qatar visas is QR 200 per month.